Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do you do when you find a climber stand on your property? >

What do you do when you find a climber stand on your property?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you do when you find a climber stand on your property?

Old 12-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you do when you find a climber stand on your property?

I agree with BHF. I wouldn't want to hack off a nut bag and I wouldn't want to take property that wasn't mine regardless of the circumstances.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:15 PM

On your land...you take it. Consider it a "gift".
Old 12-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd have a new stand
Old 12-17-2008, 07:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Take it down, leave a note or not leave a note. If they don't belong.... they don't belong. I assume you have the property lines posted????? If not, well you're going to have people pushing the envelope. If you had to look at airiels to decide if he was over the line or not... well maybe it's an honest mistake. Give him a chance to get his stand back and get an education on the lines. If there's no way in hell he couldn't know I'm sure he'll never come to pick it up. Of course, the minute stands start disappearing without explanation.... anything you leave in the woods is likely to disappear also. Give them a chance.... leave a note asking them to remove it or come and get it... whichever.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

I agree with the note advice and this is how I would handle it.

I would take the stand and lock it in my garage. I would leave a note in it's place explaining that the user is trespassing and not permitted to be where he/she is and that they were more than welcome to come talk to me and explain their situation.

If they have the common courtesy to come explain and be pleasant, they would leave with their stand and knowledge not to return. If not, I own a new stand.
I completely agree with Rob on this issue. Some guys make mistakes and some do not. As an example I hunt a property that is controlled by the farmer by consent of the landowner. Farmer recently told me there is 5 more acres behind where I thought the property lines were and the plat book shows. Farmer didn't even know until a few days ago. I'll always give a guy his stand back as long as he is not rude and is honest about a mistake.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I love how fast we take a fellow hunters stuff, none of you have ever made a mistake? Put your self in that guys shoes,If he was told wrong or just turned wrong ,so you take his stand great sportsmanship.
We hear all this brotherhood BS yet most of youwould hose their fellow hunter with out a second thought. great bunch of guys..............yea right..........[:'(]
How hard is it to just leave a note on the stand with your cell phone number?
Old 12-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: saltflyz

I agree about the diplomacy...A bit touchy in my situation as we are the "out of town" property owners that don't make it down very often.
Well there ya go. Some guy just stealthing his way in AND LEAVING HIS STAND, stupid!

First I'd try and remember when I left it there.

Then I'd look around and see if this guy knew something I didn't. A local may see deer come and go and know right where to sit, BUT THEN AGAIN HE'S STUPID.

I don't know, Good Luck.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Spike

The note on the tree should read: One tree stand for sale, $150.00 O.B.O.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

Dig a moat around the tree and put a tiger down there cover up with leaves and sticks. When he comes to get up in his climber, it's in the hands of the tiger. Or just use a note if you want to be less crude.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

I love how fast we take a fellow hunters stuff, none of you have ever made a mistake? Put your self in that guys shoes,If he was told wrong or just turned wrong ,so you take his stand great sportsmanship.
We hear all this brotherhood BS yet most of youwould hose their fellow hunter with out a second thought. great bunch of guys..............yea right..........[:'(]
How hard is it to just leave a note on the stand with your cell phone number?
+1 . My thoughts exactly Jim.

Quick Reply: What do you do when you find a climber stand on your property?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.