Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do you do when you find a climber stand on your property? >

What do you do when you find a climber stand on your property?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you do when you find a climber stand on your property?

Old 12-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you do when you find a climber stand on your property?

You know, some folks could save themselves a lot of headache, heartache, and treestand dollars if they would just KNOW the boundaries, and comply.

If you do not know you are on my land, you are lost. Duh!

LT
Old 12-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

I would take the stand and post a note on the tree for him to call you. I would find out who it belongs to so if you catch him in there again, have him arrested.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I get myself a new climber.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

My brother ain't smart enough to turn a computer on much less have a alias!
Old 12-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

So you guys would take someone's stand off your property, which I understand, but to have them come over to your house, talk to you and if they are not pleasant you would keep their stand???? That part I don't get??? Why would you want a trespasser to know where you live, especially if you don't give their stand back????
Old 12-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

If they came for their stand, they get their stand as long as I get their name and the chance to explain what they did wrong.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I play hide and seek.I move it to another part of the farm and use it.[8D]
Old 12-17-2008, 03:32 PM

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

So you guys would take someone's stand off your property, which I understand, but to have them come over to your house, talk to you and if they are not pleasant you would keep their stand???? That part I don't get??? Why would you want a trespasser to know where you live, especially if you don't give their stand back????
If i tresspasser knows he is trespassing, chances are he knows where the landowner lives already anyways. I thinks its a great idea. Maybe just your phone number and first name on the tree if you are that worried. Remember retriveing something you found on your own property isnt stealing!
Old 12-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

First, I have always talked to my land owners in advance about how "we" would handle tresspassers. Almost all of my land owners have told me to take down any stands I find that are not mine, which I have always done. Now I would feel bad just taking a stand and keeping (even if the person should not have been tresspassing in the first place), so what I have done in the past is take the stand and leave my name and number on the tree explaining to them that their stand was on propert they did not have permission to be on and to contact me to retrieve their stand. Some of the people do call me to retrieve them (I am guessing those are the people who placed the stand by mistake), but most never do contact me (I am guessing those are the people that knew they were not suppose to be there and did not want to fess up to it). I have built a nice supply of stands from tresspassers.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Remember retriveing something you found on your own property isnt stealing!

Seen this comment and I thought of the guy that has been in foxnews.com for using fox urine to spray a bunch of kids for TP'ing his property a lot.
Not to get into that story but he was charged for this and that and one of those charges was THEFT for not returning a cell phone one of the kids dropped and left behind that was on his property. I don't know the law all that much and not sure if that will hold up but just something to check into before keeping this person's stand. I like the note idea but then this story came to mind.

Quick Reply: What do you do when you find a climber stand on your property?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.