Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slick Trick?

Old 12-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Slick Trick?

The ST's are the sharpest "out of the package" head I've found, plus they'revery durable and penetrate like a hot knife thru butter.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry about that Hardcorehunter...can clearly see split brows in the original pic, wasnt paying as much attention to the rack as I was the color lol. Beautiful deer, rack and hide
Old 12-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Banned

No need to apologize..thanks..I like him too.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

FIRST THING, HARDCORE AWESOME YEAR FOR YA CONGRATS!
I tried them last fall, they flew awesome and looked to be built that way also.
I was shooting a 70# 29" Switchback XT from 16 ft up. Shot was an easy 10 yds broadside.
The buck had a big body on him but I still expected it to zip right throu him, I placed it right
where I wanted it and was shocked at the lack of penetration but knew he was screwed
because of the shot placement and he only went about 80 yds or so out into the field and tipped over.

The slick trick mag looked like it had been shot into a gravel pit and was chewed up and completely dull.
But it did kill him so thats was a good deal! I know from all the positive posts on them that I just had an
oddball bad experience with them and that they are in fact a super head.Just not that Halloween morning.
I went back to shooting my Gator XPs thou this season.

entrance

Beat up slick trick

Old 12-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

Best broadhead I have ever shot. Fly like darts and tough as nails.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:34 PM
Banned

Thanks 5575, and that is one dandy of a buck u have there!!! Many a man will never get a buck like that in a lifetime. Congrats!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 07:37 PM

5575gb........... that first pic is amazing!!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Call me a horrible man if ya want. I have seen that top pic B4.It was on my PC as a background for awhile. If that is yours then congrats on a FINE pic.
AS for the head. your entrance was high on the left side. You blew clean through the shoulder blade of a BIG buck.......... close to a joint where the bone is thick. If that shot was 3" lower you would have cut through him like butter.He dropped w/in sight. You switched heads for what reason? You shot an awesome buck. You recovered it. All you had to do was change the blades and go hunting.

Man was that buck a brute.

I took 5 deer with St's this yr. 3 w/grizztrick's and 2 with standard heads. One was a spine hit and it looked better than yours when I got it out. I swapped the blades and it is as good as new.

And another thing. You cut those hocks REAL high on the front. You would have had another 2-3lbs of grind if you cut them at the joint

ORIGINAL: 5575gb

FIRST THING, HARDCORE AWESOME YEAR FOR YA CONGRATS!
I tried them last fall, they flew awesome and looked to be built that way also.
I was shooting a 70# 29" Switchback XT from 16 ft up. Shot was an easy 10 yds broadside.
The buck had a big body on him but I still expected it to zip right throu him, I placed it right
where I wanted it and was shocked at the lack of penetration but knew he was screwed
because of the shot placement and he only went about 80 yds or so out into the field and tipped over.

The slick trick mag looked like it had been shot into a gravel pit and was chewed up and completely dull.
But it did kill him so thats was a good deal! I know from all the positive posts on them that I just had an
oddball bad experience with them and that they are in fact a super head.Just not that Halloween morning.
I went back to shooting my Gator XPs thou this season.

entrance

Beat up slick trick