Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ground blind ideas >

Ground blind ideas

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ground blind ideas

Old 12-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ground blind ideas

I've used theresin lawn chairs, swivel stools and a folding sling-type seat for ground blinds. The resin chairs are great if you are leaving them out, otherwise I prefer the sling chair - just miss the backrest sometimes.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I try to make mine against a tree(to use a strap on seat) or in an existing blow-down which means I often can find a log to sit on. In the rare cases one of those isn't present where I want to have a blind, I use a bucket. I would NOT recommend a stool with legs, those legs tend to sink way into the ground after hours of sitting. I have long legs - the most important thing for me is to use something that is relatively high off the ground so it isn't uncomfortable after 2 or more hours.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:35 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-16-2008, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've hunted from ground blinds a bit and I like to use my seat that I have for turkey hunting from a blind. The one thing you have to be careful of is how it will react to the cold. I took one of the Ameristepseatsout last year in late season and it creaked and moaned like an old house. Naturally I didn't see a thing.

The turkey seat I use is an Ameristep with the back that folds up. I placed some camo duct tape in areas where I suspect noise and that seems to work well.

I like the seats because they are lightweight and easy to get in and out, yet more comfortable than the other options.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

I like my comfort. Most of the seats listed above would never keep me in the blind all day. In the past I have used a plastic lawn chair. They are very quite, cheap, lite, and fairly comfortable. But they do not swivel, which I think is a must for blind hunting.

This year I used the "Texas Hunter Shooting Chair" (http://www.texashunterproducts.com/shchsc.html). I love this chair. It is a little pricey though, but perfect for all day blind hunting.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

I sit on my fat ass at work all day, I guess it all evens out.
LMAO!!!

I myself usually just sit my fat ass right on the ground and stretch on out when hunting from the ground.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

I sit on my fat ass at work all day, I guess it all evens out.
LMAO!!!

I myself usually just sit my fat ass right on the ground and stretch on out when hunting from the ground.
I hear ya SteveO, thats why I like hunting from the ground, all you need is your bow and a quiver full of arrows, nothing else!
Old 12-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...=0180101070502

I don't know if any of you use this one or not. I sat in it at a local sporting goods store and it was pretty comfy. I like the fact that the legs are adjustable too. The only downside is the price.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

http://www.huntmore.biz/huntmore/home.html

I can't wait to see what these sell for. I loathe sitting in any hunting stool, bucket, etc...I can't last very long on them. This stool appears to be the cat's meow, depending on how much it sells for.[&:]
DUDE, we think alike!!!!!!!!! I have been wondering why no one puts out a decent ground blind chair. I have a Double Bull and it sux, as all chairs I have tried do. I saved that link u posted as a favorite and will be watching for this.Cool...thanks for posting.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Banned

That and no back support!!! I wouldn't make it long in that.

Quick Reply: Ground blind ideas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.