Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ground blind ideas >

Ground blind ideas

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ground blind ideas

Old 12-16-2008, 07:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Ground blind ideas

It's the PERFECT height for shooting out of my blind.
Yep that's what I like most about it. And you don't even notice it's there carrying it in.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've used buckets, bag chairs, stumps, etc. Anymore, I usually stand.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:38 AM
Dominant Buck

BBM...

I went out yestrday and stood for a while. Most frustrating hunt I've ever been on. I felt like I had a neon sign on me out there. It was bad. I actually came home before shooting light was up. I hope to be able to stand to shoot, some.....but to just walk out there....find a tree/spot....and stand there.....my hat's off to ya.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

BBM...

I went out yestrday and stood for a while. Most frustrating hunt I've ever been on. I felt like I had a neon sign on me out there. It was bad. I actually came home before shooting light was up. I hope to be able to stand to shoot, some.....but to just walk out there....find a tree/spot....and stand there.....my hat's off to ya.
Thats me too. I've tried standing and find myself fidgeting WAY too much. I use a3 legfolding stool with a backrest. The same one I use in my pop-up.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Heres a link to the one I use.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_82123____SearchResults
Old 12-16-2008, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I sit on my fat ass at work all day, I guess it all evens out.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

GMMAT that buck I shot on the ground with my curve was while I was standing. I had been sitting but I stood up for a while and he came in while I was standing. Granted I had on a ghillie but I've shot turkey and deer from the ground standing with just normal camo or even no camo so it can be done. Just have good cover behind you breaking up your outline. Here's me on a torges seat wearing my ghillie.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff - If you want to leave it there, maybe look into plastic lawn furniture. I use the green plastic chairs that you can buy dirt cheap at Lowes or HomeDepot, especially at the end of summer. Just make sure you can shoot out of them (arms might be in the way), sometimes I've bought the side tables for them and just sit on the table because its good for shooting off of.

I bought a dozen of them a few years ago for about $30, and I leave them in my ground blinds or even my built stands. they are comfy compared to a stool.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im with ya on hunting from the ground more next year. In fact,this morning I sat in one of my stands, and watched 3 does walk within 10 yards broadside of my ground blind, which is about 60 yards awayfrom the stand. murphy's law.

I use a stool that I altered to make a lot quieter. Before that, in past turkey seasons, its always beena five gallon bucket.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

I bring a camping type lawn chair....super comfortable, but too low to shoot from, I have to stand up. I would just rather be extra comfortable in the cold than anything else.

Quick Reply: Ground blind ideas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.