Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How much do you guys spend >

How much do you guys spend

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How much do you guys spend

Old 12-16-2008, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How much do you guys spend

I spend most of my hobby related income on archery stuff. I went from an ultratec to a general when they first came out. Then I traded my general for my 101st. Trading the bows doesnt really hurt you that bad once you have a certain amount of buying power. Even selling the ultratec which was an 05 i believe, i sold it loaded with hoyt accessories and still got 450 bucks for it so when buying the general i only had to fork out around 200 or so to get that bow. Today I actually sold my 101st to a guy bare bow, for 550 b/c i will be shooting Hoyts for a shop for 09 so once again, im not losing much and it makes me happy. I dont trade or buyjust to say its cool or whatev like some fanboys around here do[:'(]I shoot ALOT and this is what i do. I shoot and practice all year long religiously b/c it is self satisfying to me, and i thoroughly enjoy the sport. I shoot competitively as welland I cant get away from it.

Myaccessories I stick with. I dont think i will ever sell my extreme sight. Its perfect for hunting and does its job every single time without a single issue ever! Iwill shoot Limb Drivers until I find something that i really think is better!jmo. Ihadan LD before i wason VT's staff so that isnt why i shoot them. I love easton axis arrows for hunting, and i love my victory arrows for targets. Also, my little bitty goose release is another thing i plan on holding on too forever. It feels great and performs the way i want it to.

All of the target stuff is well... rather expensive, but once you buy most of it, you wont need to buy anymore after that, which is why i went ahead and purchased the sure-loc setup with a viper scope.

I know for most people, buying tons of archery stuff would be pointless b/c all they do is hunt and thats cool. If your bow is just a weapon, than i as well dont see the point in trading and swapping all of the time but if thats you thing, than have at it. As many say, the deer doesnt care what kind of equipment you have, or how fast the arrow was going when it went through it, so whatever works, will continue to work forever.
Derek
Derek
Old 12-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good answers guys. It totaly makes sense to try to find the right bow. I get that.

I guess when I was doing that to begin with I didn't have the cash to get into a bunch. sure I always wanted the new stuff but I was in the military with a new family.

Now I have a little more but still can't afford to much with the prices as they are. And if I spent that kind of money on one it would be the last as my wife would kill me for spending that much. $300 for the Bear Instinct package seemed to bea good choice. So far I am impressed with this setup. It didn't take long to get good groups at 30 yards so I've been taking it hunting. Like I said it replacing a 14 year old bow.

Trading up I can see I guess and for sure buying used I can see. But I cannot justify (for myself) spending thousands every year on a bow.

If you enjoy it and can afford it more power to you.

I just realized my wife should realy know I love her. After all think of all the stuff I gave up for her. All the bows I could have bought! The things we do for them! LOL
Old 12-16-2008, 11:55 AM

Well as I started adding things up I quickly realized I should stop. It would be in my best interest. I will list what I have bought this year and you guys can do the math. This is sinceSeptember.

09 Bowtech Admiral-Hunting rig
Ripcord rest
Goldtip XT Hunters
Sword 3rd plane Micros
Octane stab

08 Bowtech Commander-Target rig
Trophy Taker SS 2
Easton X7 Eclipse 2712
Sword Titan 4x lens & 6x lens
Posten slim jimmz stab

08 Bowtech 101st Airborne-3D rig
Ripcord
Gold tip 30x's
Sword 3rd plane Micros
Octane 11.5" stab

I had a couple others in between these, but I sold them and these are what I have today. Not sure of the exact amounts butprobably over 3K I am guessing.

However, I should be content and happy for a while at least.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't buy much once I geta bow I like, I have a feeling I will be shooting my 04 Bowtech Liberty and Fox Archery Breed Recurve for a long time. I guess I am atight-wad when it comes to spending money on bows, I just don't see the need if what I have works great and I shoot it well. Even if I wasnt living on a school teachers salary and making millions I doubt I would spend the extra $ on bows. I like to get real comfortable with a bow and keep it. Normal maintenance and string replacement is about it.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-16-2008, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only reason I got a new bow was because I got a heck of a deal on it. Unless something else like that comes around, I dont see myself upgrading for another 4-5 years.I cant complain one bit about the setup ive got now, other than the fact that i'll probably switch back to 4in vanes next year, love the feathers but they are just too fragile for me....
Old 12-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

I spent probably in the area of 3 grand on hunting related items this year. If you want to count the things I let my wifebuy so she doesn't give me to much grief about hunting then we are talking well over ten grand.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dmen

I spent probably in the area of 3 grand on hunting related items this year. If you want to count the things I let my wifebuy so she doesn't give me to much grief about hunting then we are talking well over ten grand.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:15 PM

More than i want. I usually try to stick with one bow for a few years. If i stay with one bow, i can only get better at shooting it. I have a Hoyt Trykon right now. Just put a new Winners Choice string on it and it shoots just like a new bow. Has yet to let me down.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Other than broad heads, not much. I have been shooting the same recurve since the early 80s. And the bows I make and keep dont really cost anything because I sale enough, that I actually make money on the ones I keep.

As for compounds, I put one together 8 years ago and have no need to up grade.

Quick Reply: How much do you guys spend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.