HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Best bowhunting undergarments (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/278690-best-bowhunting-undergarments.html)

quiksilver 12-15-2008 09:57 PM

Best bowhunting undergarments

So I tried putting a pair of Under Armour Cold Gear pants over my boxer shorts, and I felt like I was stuffinga pair of Hammer Pantsinto aset of bike shorts.

I had waistband hanging out the top, the legs were all bunched-up. It was a god forsaken mess. After a few miles, Iwas sweaty and chafed. Things really took a turn for the worse. It looked like I had a diaper on.

So, I'm thinking about grabbing a few packs of Whitie Tighties just to wear under my baselayers.

So what say you? The best underpants for bowhunting? I'd like to scope out a few pairs of the boxer briefs, but I'm afraid of the legs riding up and wedging me out. Possible mudslide.

This is a serious issue, and must be discussed intelligently and objectively.

MN/Kyle 12-15-2008 10:00 PM

RE: Best bowhunting undergarments

I wear depends, because I'm the ****. I don't know about you.

Actually I just wear base layers, Comando.I don't generally walk too far to my stands. No problem with chaffing.

BowHuntingFool 12-15-2008 10:01 PM

Finally a quality thread about BOWHUNTING!!!!! Its good to be the King!

mauser06 12-15-2008 10:08 PM

the most comfortable way is likely going to be going commando....they are called "long underwear" for a reason....they are underwear...but longer in my eyes, theres no need to wear 2 sets of underwear!

no matter what you where under something tight fighting like UA, your likely going to end up with a thong....so im going to vote THONG or COMMANDO. personally, i will leave the thongs for the ladies....thats just me though.

;)

TEmbry 12-15-2008 10:12 PM

Dude, you will NOT be sorry with UA boxer briefs. Heat gear is more comfortable against the skin anyway. I wear a pair of heat gear boxer briefs under my coldgear leggings, perfect combo. I hope to have 3-4 more pair by next year. Comfortable as all get out, and the tight fit around legs eliminates chaffing.

MN/Kyle 12-15-2008 10:16 PM

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

Dude, you will NOT be sorry with UA boxer briefs. Heat gear is more comfortable against the skin anyway. I wear a pair of heat gear boxer briefs under my coldgear leggings, perfect combo.
You can't do that...

quiksilver 12-15-2008 10:28 PM

Night fellas. When I get home from work tomorrow, I expect you guys to have this undergarment issue resolved.

buckmaster 12-15-2008 10:36 PM

Deffinatley some boxer Briefs, if not, go commando... as mauser said they are called long underwear for a reason.:D

Rickmur 12-16-2008 01:37 AM

I go bare. Wear the thermals, underarmor or whatever right next to your skin. Besides theWhitie Tighties show stains[:'(]

bloodcrick 12-16-2008 01:52 AM

I wear these hunting :DThe sponge effect soakes up the sweat :eek:seriously!! [&:]

>>>Bam<<<

early in 12-16-2008 05:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

I go bare. Wear the thermals, underarmor or whatever right next to your skin.
Exactly! This isn't rocket science.:D

peakrut 12-16-2008 05:39 AM

Free balls it

130woodman 12-16-2008 06:05 AM

Let them be free. :eek:

GMMAT 12-16-2008 06:11 AM

Dude, you will NOT be sorry with UA boxer briefs.
Ditto.

daveyrock 12-16-2008 06:19 AM

The awesome-ness of this thread amazes me...:D...I go with boxer briefs and then put cold-gear long underwear overtop and have never had a problem.

muzzyman88 12-16-2008 06:32 AM

Try wearing a thong under your Under Armor. Thats what I do. It fits like a glove. :D

crenshaw 12-16-2008 07:25 AM

the compression shorts boxer briefs or commando is the only way to go. Beleive it or not, the boxer brief heat gear is fairly inexpensive compared to most UA price tags. I got some the other day for $9.00. Use them when i work out too.

buttonbuckmaster 12-16-2008 07:33 AM

I've never owned any long underwear or UA pants. I've always worn sweat pants or flannel pajamas. No chaffing, no stains.:D

mohunter82 12-16-2008 08:47 AM

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

Try wearing a thong under your Under Armor. Thats what I do. It fits like a glove. :D
X2
Its like letting your best friends sleep in a silk hammock.

NY/Al 12-16-2008 08:50 AM

Im not an underarmor man, I just wear good old long johns. They never fail me, even in the frozen tundra of WNY.[8D]

louddrummer69 12-16-2008 08:54 AM

Commando with underarmour. Its easier to pinch and roll in the stand!:D

Mikey S. 12-16-2008 09:36 AM

Target carrys a cheaper "under armour" type set of gutchies made by "Champion". Cost half as much, and work just as well.