HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Lone Wolf Sit and Climb (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/278651-lone-wolf-sit-climb.html)

LouisianaTomkat 12-15-2008 06:47 PM

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb

Question. What has changed from the, say, 2006 model to the 2008?

LT

HuntingEd 12-15-2008 06:51 PM

RE: Lone Wolf Sit and Climb

The seat!

LouisianaTomkat 12-15-2008 06:53 PM

Seriously Ed? Not being sarcastic either. Just thought maybe there was more changes made.

I just picked one up with 2008 seat for $263 on AT (Shipped)

LT

hardcorehunter 12-15-2008 06:56 PM

new ones come with a sit strap for climbing. For what it is worth, I ran an ad on AT that I wanted to trade my DB blind BS5 for a LW handclimber. The hand climber guys wouldn't part with their stands, but guys were really wanting to trade their sit and climb lw's to me. I wouldn't bite. Hand climber or nothin 4 me. I want compact and I aint draggin that big seat out with me.Also guys are running ads on thre always wanting the hand climber upper as they want to ditch the big seat. Something to think about.

Cougar Mag 12-15-2008 07:38 PM

LT, check out the cams. Are they hard to open and close? An '06 model should be fine. I bought an older but barely used LW sitnclimb(04 model) and promptly ordered new cams......lots easier to open. You got a good buy on an '06 model with the '08 seat:).

muzzyman88 12-17-2008 06:23 AM

I just got a sit and climb this fall and absolutely love the thing. Of course, I'm coming from years in a Summit. The new seat is not too shabby really. It's not as comfy as the summits, but I'm hunting, not watching the ball game on the laz e boy.

I've been thinking about picking up the hand climber top section to see if I like it. I'm just concerned that it might not be comfortable enough for an all day sit.

early in 12-17-2008 06:29 AM

I think the only difference is the straps that connect the seat portion to the platform, and the seat. As others have said in the past the new seat is better (more comfy) but the killer combo is the LW platform with the Summit seat. At least this is what I heard. A friend of mine agreed with this as well.

GMMAT 12-17-2008 06:41 AM

new ones come with a sit strap for climbing. For what it is worth, I ran an ad on AT that I wanted to trade my DB blind BS5 for a LW handclimber. The hand climber guys wouldn't part with their stands, but guys were really wanting to trade their sit and climb lw's to me. I wouldn't bite. Hand climber or nothin 4 me. I want compact and I aint draggin that big seat out with me.Also guys are running ads on thre always wanting the hand climber upper as they want to ditch the big seat. Something to think about.
There is no "sit strap" that I know of. There's a sit "bar" that I don't use to climb (I climb as if I'm in a hand climber). I woudn't trad emy sit and climb for your blind, Don.....lol. Add me to THAT list. It's funny you'll haul a DB blind, a heater, a seat, etc... but you're worried about 2-3#'s of stand? Not making fun....just pointing out an obvious.

I climb nearly 100% of the time (over 80 times, this season alone). After seeing Matt's hand climber....I knew I made the right choice .....knowing I was going to be sitting in it a BUNCH!

muzzyman's review is very similar with mine.

LT...the seat was changed this past season, I believe. I've been in mine a LOT....and there are ways to make your sit more comfortable (without altering your stand). There's also a mesh seat available online, somewhere.

MOhunter46 12-17-2008 06:51 AM

Alright ive got a question, in some of the pictures i have seen of it, it look like when theclimbing bar is folded underneath the seat, it looks like your legs would be sitting right on top of it when you sit downand it looks like it could be uncomfortable as heck. Is there any truth to this?

Wayne

nodog 12-17-2008 06:53 AM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

That was you. It's more or less at times.