Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lone Wolf Sit and Climb >

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb

Old 12-17-2008, 06:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Lone Wolf Sit and Climb

Wayne....two answers:

1. I'm 6'1"/190-ish.....and it's not an issue fro me....even when the seat is adjusted all the way "down". I have mine set in a little more of an "up" position. I've found it's esier to get to my feet when theres more room between the platform and upper and the seat's in more of an "up" position.

2. I also hunt with my rail out in front of me a LOT. It's been an "issue" on only one shot attempt....and that one worked out just fine. Istill like the added (if only perceived) security of knowing the rail's there.....and I leave it there on quite a few hunts.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Wayne....two answers:

1. I'm 6'1"/190-ish.....and it's not an issue fro me....even when the seat is adjusted all the way "down". I have mine set in a little more of an "up" position. I've found it's esier to get to my feet when theres more room between the platform and upper and the seat's in more of an "up" position.

2. I also hunt with my rail out in front of me a LOT. It's been an "issue" on only one shot attempt....and that one worked out just fine. Istill like the added (if only perceived) security of knowing the rail's there.....and I leave it there on quite a few hunts.

Ok just so i get this straight, your saying the rail(when its up)does NOT get in the way when your shooting?

Wayne
Old 12-17-2008, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

GMMAT, you mentioned the mesh seat. I've been looking at those and will probably buy one and give it a shot. Its basically put together like a hammock and should be real comfy.

I've always had an issue with the seats that were a little too stiff to be pushed back against the tree easily if your standing. My summit was a bear and the LW isa little easier, though not ideal.

I see a few advantages to the hammock styles. One, you can push it back against the tree very easily. Two, they should be quite comfortable for extended sits, three, if you leave it in the woods, it won't soak up water should it rain overnight, four, it is less bulky than the foam style seats and should also save a smidge of weight, and lastly, with the little material that is used, it shouldn't be a scent absorber like foam.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Ok just so i get this straight, your saying the rail(when its up)does NOT get in the way when your shooting?

Wayne
Again...pardon me....but I'll give two answers:

1. "UP" being in front of you.....it's been an issue on ONE shot op.....my last buck taken. The shot angle was very steep....and I went to vocally stop the buck to take the shot. Right before I could verbalize....the bottom cam "ticked" the rail. He stopped. I shot. Game over. It worked out "OK"....but there may be the day when it costs me. Just hasn't ever, yet.

2. You can fold the bar up (all the way up) when you're standing. This will allow you to stand closer to the tree than when the bar is in the full down position. Try it for yourself. In the down position....it'll clip your legs. In the up position...it's closer to the tree.

i hope this makes sense.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:32 AM
Banned

Excuse me, I meant the handclimber has the sit strap new as a feature. I have used the sit and climb and I have used the hand climber. I prefer the handclimber and the seat is very comfortable. I also feel the seat is very comfortable on the Alpha hangon and have no issue sitting in a tree from dawn to dusk in it. As long as I have back support with a tree to lean against, my butt is iron. I had a summit viper with the comfy seat and all. Those types of seats just aren't as manuverable to shoot out of as the hand climber seat that is open with no rail and no sunk in seat, and definately not as compact. I will only use a climber in public land in SE MN that I hunt, due to the severe elevation. I do know this, ask the AT guys which one they want, and they will agree with me. You can't find a used hand climber over there in the classifieds very often, but guys are always selling the sit and climb. LW sells the hand climber upper as an option as guys want to upgrade to the upper hand climber. If you see a upper over there on AT in the classifies, it is snagged up pretty quick. This pic that LW has doesn't show the new sit strap that comes on the hand climber. Their website shows it in the pic, but when I copied it, it lost the strap??

Product ID: HCCSH

[/align] [/align] [/align] [/align] [/align] [/align] [/align][/align]
Due to High Demand - Backordered 2-3 weeks! Lone Wolf® Alpha™ Hand Climber
When packing in after the big one, the last thing you need is a stand holding you back. The Alpha™ Hand Climber Combo is a full featured climbing stand that's got everything you need except the weight and the bulk. Its slim 2.5″ packed profile and "barely-there" 15-pound weight might make you think you forgot it back at the truck. But step onto the 585 square inch cast aluminum platform and you'll be solidly reminded it's ALL there. [ul][*]Just 15 pounds![*]Huge 30″ x 19.5″ one-piece cast aluminum platform (US Patent #5060756)[*]Distinctive 3-D camo platform design (US Patent #D4452015)[*]Brush pockets molded directly into the platform.[*]One-size-fits-most bow holder molded directly into platform.(optional grommet available)[*]Back-pack straps and one bungee cord included (padded straps available)[*]Contoured padded seat with fasteners included[*]Seat Size: 9″ x 16″[*]Fits trees 6″ – 19″ in diameter (longer traction belts available)[*]350-pound weight rating[*]Includes NEW Sit/Climb strap for additional climbing option[*]Includes TMA approved Fall Arrest System[/ul]

Lone Wolf® Alpha™ Sit & Climb

From the big woods to the back forty, this is one tricked out climber that won't drag you down. The Alpha™ Sit & Climb Combo provides unmatched comfort while redefining the word "portable." Grab it and go. You'll soon understand why it's a favorite of both gun and bow hunters. [ul][*]Just 18 pounds![*]Pivoting Sit & Climb bar.[*]Huge 30″ x 19.5″ one-piece cast aluminum platform (US Patent #5060756)[*]NEW! 2-panel, padded, contoured foam seat pad.[*]Base Seat Size: 17″ x 16″
Top Foam Size: 10″ x 15″
Total Length: 33″[*]One-size-fits-most bow holder molded directly into platform (optional grommet available)[*]Backpack straps and one bungee cord included (padded straps available)[*]Distinctive 3-D camo platform design (US Patent #D4452015)[*]Fits trees 6″-19″ in diameter (longer traction belts available).[*]350-pound weight rating.[*]Includes TMA approved FAS[/ul]
Old 12-17-2008, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wayne
Again...pardon me....but I'll give two answers:

1. "UP" being in front of you.....it's been an issue on ONE shot op.....my last buck taken. The shot angle was very steep....and I went to vocally stop the buck to take the shot. Right before I could verbalize....the bottom cam "ticked" the rail. He stopped. I shot. Game over. It worked out "OK"....but there may be the day when it costs me. Just hasn't ever, yet.

2. You can fold the bar up (all the way up) when you're standing. This will allow you to stand closer to the tree than when the bar is in the full down position. Try it for yourself. In the down position....it'll clip your legs. In the up position...it's closer to the tree.

i hope this makes sense.
Yep makes perfect sense, thanks Jeff.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:37 AM
Dominant Buck

I've got my seat (sit and climb) adjusted to where it's almost "level". MUCH easier to get to a standing position (or shoot from a sitting position.....though I've never had to do that)from that adjustment. I don't like sitting "in" the seat very much, either.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great...........thanx hardcorehunter.....you just cost me another 100 bucks. I'm going to buy the handclimber top.

Like you, I have an iron plate in my butt and can sit an awful long time. I remember back in the good ol' days of my Loggy Bayou I used to have. I would just hug the tree and up I'd go. I loved that unyielding manueverability I had with that stand. The seat just wasn't made to sit all day in, though I did quite a bit and needed a crane to get out of it at night.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:52 AM
Banned

I woudn't trad emy sit and climb for your blind, Don.....lol.
I already have been bombarded with AT guys PMing me wanting to trade their sit and climbs for my blind..why would I want yours?
It's funny you'll haul a DB blind, a heater, a seat, etc... but you're worried about 2-3#'s of stand? Not making fun....just pointing out an obvious.
It's either that or sit on the couch. It gets cold where I hunt, NC doesn't see the cold we get. 3 lbs of added weight that doesn't benefit me and makes for a less manuverable treestand is the obvious I am pointing out
Old 12-17-2008, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

The bar is only an issue if you leave itup to high. One of the deer I took this year came in so fast and close I almost lost the deer cause I didnt have the rail low enough. When I went to aim my string was pushing on the rail, so I pushed it down some w/ the bow, then slid slightly forward on the seat to clear the rail, that made a sligh noise. the deer stopped. Double lung/heart shot and the deer piled up after 60 yrds.

I now make sure its not an issue by keeping the rail low enough, I also usually like to stand to shoot.

My dad has an 2006 model, and I have a 2008 model, and only difference is the seat. Mine is much more comfortable! I've found that if you keep the seat at aslight upwardangle and keep it close enough to the base that your legs are higher itsmuch more comfy, like jeff said, just play around w/ it, I've sat most of the dayin it.

I also have the wolf pack so that provides nice padding when I stand, so I can sit for 2 hrs then stand for an hour, and never get fatigued from one position...

Quick Reply: Lone Wolf Sit and Climb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.