Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long) >

Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long)

Old 12-16-2008, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long)

I'm saying leave the Hoyt posters up just put a big circle with the slash through it on them and let any costomer ask about it.

They do have the right, I guess, to pull you dealership if your not selling what they want. However, that is poor business practice. Especialy without communicating the issues with you. This is my biggest problem with all this and to be honest gives Hoyt a major black eye in my opinion. Why would I want to buy a bow at a local shop only to find out later I cannot go to that same shop for warranty work. And will the waranty work even get done? Not if the shop cannot get parts.

Costomer service means alot. You may never need anything...but if you do you want to know its going to be there. And if it isn't you probably wont buy another one.

I'd have a hard time spending money on hoyt after hearing thier lack of costomer service in this case.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

unfortunately I know how ya feel. while mine isnt an archery shop. its furniture. i deal with the same style of reps that you do.
Honestly this can be laid almost solely at the feet of the rep. his commision come off the number of bows he sells you.
Not trying to stick up for him or anything but put yourself in his shoes. Your trying to make money and all of a sudden you have a new dealer that "says" he will push hoyt as his #1 line and order x number of bows in a set period of time. Compared to the number of bows you would be selling his income would be higher theoretically.
Unfortuantely his thinking is slightly off. that smart thing to do would have been keep selling you your usuall minimum and keep the new dealer as well.

Probably the main reason he wanted to drop you was so the new shop could get the dealership and he wouldn't be violating territory rules.

Here is a good note that I can atest to. People will not drive an extra 14 miles.
My company put 2 stores within 10 miles of each other. yea i know stupid. but amazingly people will not even drive that short distance to see a different piece of furniture.
What you need to do is step up your sales pitch. if they ask for hoyt, tell them why you dont have it. if they come to you first dont give them a reason to want to go to the next store.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm very SKEPTICAL of this WHOLE THREAD!!!!! My local dealer likes HOYT better than most of the brands he deals with, and he has nothing but good dealings with them, even though Hoyt is NOT the top selling brand in his shop.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

I'm very SKEPTICAL of this WHOLE THREAD!!!!! My local dealer likes HOYT better than most of the brands he deals with, and he has nothing but good dealings with them, even though Hoyt is NOT the top selling brand in his shop.
X2, first post and he lost his dealership only to come into a forum this size and report it. There are always two sides to every story and we are hearing one side through a new members first post. Hoyt is out to make money, pulling a dealer and losing sales is poor business, I can only imagine Hoyt did this for good reason.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

Why sweat it?Lasttime I checked, Hoyt werereally crap bows anyway. It's the absolute last bow I would shootafter having owned two and having them be absolute junk.Why not stay with Bowtechand try and pick up Mathews?

I would think that Bowtech would sell much more if you're not pushing abrand and the consumer shoots both side by side, why would they (Hoyt)be suprised that a consumer would choose a Bowtech over a Hoyt? Perhaps they should justpull thier lineup at all dealers sellingBowtech?
Old 12-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dopler

Why sweat it?Lasttime I checked, Hoyt werereally crap bows anyway. It's the absolute last bow I would shootafter having owned two and having them be absolute junk.
Probably the indian.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: racewayking

X2, first post and he lost his dealership only to come into a forum this size and report it. There are always two sides to every story and we are hearing one side through a new members first post. Hoyt is out to make money, pulling a dealer and losing sales is poor business, I can only imagine Hoyt did this for good reason.
X3, my shop has a great relationship with Hoyt and their rep. Hoyt is NOT their number 1 bow line, but Hoyt has always has always provided great customer service to the shop. There are always three sides to every story, your side, the other guy's side, and the truth.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Why not stay with Bowtechand try and pick up Mathews?
Hoyt aside and granted I do not visit many shops...........I have not seen a shop carrying Bowtech and Mathews side by side. The only one I knew of no longer carries Bowtech(heard BT took his dealership away with good reason).
Old 12-16-2008, 02:24 PM
Typical Buck

Nice introduction to the board with your first post. But I'm sure you're probably busy surfing the web for other new-to-you hunting forums on which to bash Hoyt.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: racewayking

I agree!....Even though I do not own a Hoyt, my conclusion is, there are 2 sides to this story, espicially for a 1st poster. I am sure that the sales rep and every manager above him has their side of the story.

Quick Reply: Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.