HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Why did I wait? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/278575-why-did-i-wait.html)

txjourneyman 12-15-2008 10:50 AM

Why did I wait?

Someone on here, Magicman maybe, posted a thread about getting contacts. Whoever it was inspired me to get off my butt and get my eyes examined. I have been wearing cheap reading glasses for a couple of years.
What a difference! I got the exam and a pair of contacts on Saturday. I can see my pins and the target so much better now. Without a doubt my 3-D scores will improve. No more foggy glasses on a cold morning and much, much better distance vision to see whats lurking in the woods around me. Best decision I've made in quite some time. So thank you whoever it was that posted that thread!

LittleChief 12-15-2008 10:52 AM

RE: Why did I wait?

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Someone on here, Magicman maybe, posted a thread about getting contacts. Whoever it was inspired me to get off my butt and get my eyes examined. I have been wearing cheap reading glasses for a couple of years.
What a difference! I got the exam and a pair of contacts on Saturday. I can see my pins and the target so much better now. Without a doubt my 3-D scores will improve. No more foggy glasses on a cold morning and much, much better distance vision to see whats lurking in the woods around me. Best decision I've made in quite some time. So thank you whoever it was that posted that thread!
:D:D:DMaybe now you'll actually see the deer that you've only been hearing.

txjourneyman 12-15-2008 10:57 AM

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

Yeah, but I won't see them for long! They'll come in behind me, I'll peek, they'll bust me!

bigcountry 12-15-2008 11:01 AM

I have tried contacts 3 times and couldn't get them to work for me. Wish they did just for hunting. Good to hear they work for you.

NCRemington700 12-15-2008 11:01 AM

I did the same thing during the summer of 07. I got contacts specifically to help me see better while hunting. Who needs them for driving right? :D

What a difference it has made.

LittleChief 12-15-2008 11:05 AM

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

Yeah, but I won't see them for long! They'll come in behind me, I'll peek, they'll bust me!
If this is the first time you've worn contacts, remember - you don't have to turn your entire head as far to see clearly. The glasses aren't there any more, so you don't have topoint your head so far in the direction you want tolook. Sounds silly, but You're probably accustomed to having to turn your head completely in the direction you need to look. It doesn't take long to adjust, but you don't have much time.:)

teedub31 12-15-2008 11:08 AM

As a recoving glasses/contacts wear I will tell you that you will grow to hate them and it will just be a few years before you start saying "Why did I wait so long to get LASIK". Sure it is expensive (although I got mine at a super steep discount, but knowing what I do know I would have gladly paid full price. My vision was 480/20 (I could see at 20 ft what normal vision could see at 480 ft), or damn near blind. I am now 15/20 and have been that way for the last 8 years.

txjourneyman 12-15-2008 11:12 AM

I was told I'm not a good candidate for lasik. I would have to have an occular implant like Crystalens or some such. Not covered by my healthcare and WAAAYYYYY too expensive for me to go out of pocket on.

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-15-2008 11:24 AM

I'm going to have to go that route myself I'm afraid. Right now, I'm using a verifying lens in my peep, works on the pins but blurs the target slightly. I have to do something. Now I need inspiration too.[&:]

Planter 12-15-2008 11:33 AM

I sure wish Icould wear contacts but the dr. says no for some reason.

Wearing glasses is my biggest hunting nightmare. Major drag in the rain and always seem to fog up when your wearing a facemask.