Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lets talk about backpacks >

Lets talk about backpacks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lets talk about backpacks

Old 12-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Lets talk about backpacks

I have the little saddlebag on my LW climber. In it I have: Pruning saw; bow hook and my tether.

I carry a hand muff for colder weather....and in it I have my UA gloves, a facemask, a stocking cap and a flashlight.

I don't carry a pack.....and simply carry my clothes in with me. I wear them all out. I've just never felt the need to carry anything else in. When I carry a camera.....it's in my breast pocket of my jacket.

I just don't NEED anything else (I've learned).
Old 12-16-2008, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hardcore, that is pretty slick. Have you ever weighed that whole setup, fully loaded and ready to hunt?

I use my climber quite a bit, especially this new LW. The reason I've been looking hard at the Timber Hawk Rutbuster is because the waist straps can be tucked inside the pack when not needed. Its one less set of buckles to clank against anything.

I'm just thinking of totally revamping everything to see what I can do to simplify and lighten up how I get my crap into the woods in the morning. I've even thrown the idea around of trying the Bowbat from Gameplan.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:31 AM

I use the Badlands Superday. It's fairly light and after I get everything(I take a lot of stuff) in it, I still have room to spare.

I strap mine to my Treewalker with a piece of paracord at the top and the waist belt around the stand. Then just pack up my treestand and haul it in.

Plus no company can touch Badlands warantyor customer service.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with the Badlands warrenty. It's a good as you'll get in a pack. I heard they're coming out with a new Whitetail pack for 09 that sounds like it has a lot of promise.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

I just got the LW treestand backpack. It lacks as far as pockets are concerned, but it's weight distribution is amazing...it feels like you're carrying nothing at all, which is good for me b/c I have to walk 2 or 3 miles to my stand to get away from all the old guys crowding the place up. But between my LW backpack and my fanny pack, I should be able to manage bringing just the essentials. No room for extra clothes though, besides a hat and gloves.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

Yep, tried it out this year for archery for 3 or 4 days.

You can hang it off to the side of your waist, and carry your climber flat on your back. Then when you climb, slide the pack to your back and up you go. It's slick. Has enough room for what I carry, and has straps to carry a jacket.

ORIGINAL: FL/Law

I have been looking at the spot n stalk. Anyone used it yet?
Old 12-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

Hardcore, that is pretty slick. Have you ever weighed that whole setup, fully loaded and ready to hunt?

No, no scales. 6 sticks, a LW Alpha, Hooyman saw, a few grunt tubes, rattling antlers, headlight, reg led flashlight, for a short hunt with the fieldline pack; it still feels comfortable and not tiring at all.
If I load up the 2200 for an all dayer with water, snacks, icebreaker boots, warm clothing, plus the above stuff, and the extra weight of the pack...it gets a bit much
The field line pack zip stripped or cable clamped to your stand makes all of the difference compared to crappy shoulder straps that the industry has to offer. No way was I going to give $100 or whatever they cost for the LW stand carrier..just like I am not buying a Double Bull wildthing to carry my blind. These $20 fieldline packs that they sell at Wally world in the Fusion camo are good quality, have gr8 shoulder straps, waist straps, chest straps,and gr8 padding. They really work well for 90% of my needs of carrying my treestand/sticks and gear in. Speaking of the 2200..much better way to spend your $$ if you want to have a blind carrier as it works fr8 for carrying a heavy hub blind like a DB and you still have a gr8 elk hunting wilderness pack, which you don't get if you buy a Wildthing from DB.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a Rocky top load pack this season and it was great purchase, pockets for everything, and withthe top load you can roll up extra jacket, bibs whatever and snap under the top, lots of room, and very comfortable not to mention light weight but made very sound. I highly recommend it.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

No, no scales. 6 sticks, a LW Alpha, Hooyman saw, a few grunt tubes, rattling antlers, headlight, reg led flashlight, for a short hunt with the fieldline pack; it still feels comfortable and not tiring at all.
If I load up the 2200 for an all dayer with water, snacks, icebreaker boots, warm clothing, plus the above stuff, and the extra weight of the pack...it gets a bit much
The field line pack zip stripped or cable clamped to your stand makes all of the difference compared to crappy shoulder straps that the industry has to offer. No way was I going to give $100 or whatever they cost for the LW stand carrier..just like I am not buying a Double Bull wildthing to carry my blind. These $20 fieldline packs that they sell at Wally world in the Fusion camo are good quality, have gr8 shoulder straps, waist straps, chest straps,and gr8 padding. They really work well for 90% of my needs of carrying my treestand/sticks and gear in. Speaking of the 2200..much better way to spend your $$ if you want to have a blind carrier as it works fr8 for carrying a heavy hub blind like a DB and you still have a gr8 elk hunting wilderness pack, which you don't get if you buy a Wildthing from DB.
Very true, and exactly what I was talking about in my previous post on this thread!!!! And right now they're on sale for $15 or something on clearance at my local Wally World. Most guys won't need anything any better than one of these. It's what I used as my day-pack elk hunting, and I could fit everything I "thought" I needed in it, with room to spare.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Banned

yea OH...pretty nice packs and so comfortable for carrying treestands. The fusion 3d blends in well and it looks excellently camoed just permanently attached to my stand and hanging upside down from 25-30 ft up. Here is my DB attached to my 2200 Badlands. It works gr8 for carrying my snowblind cover in to cover my DB Matrix, food, gear, whatever.

Quick Reply: Lets talk about backpacks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.