Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 thinking about bow hunting >

thinking about bow hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

thinking about bow hunting

Old 12-15-2008, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default thinking about bow hunting

hi everyone,

well im the only one in my hunting group without a bow now, and i am thinking i might follow the trend. i was looking at the bowtech sniper as my first bow, as i find it comfortable and it come completly set up for under $600.

can i please get some thoughts on this as i dont really want to be spending much more than that and the odd chance i may not like bow hunting (yea right lol)and i know i should go with it coz i like set up, and i feel bow techmake a good bow.

thanks

Old 12-15-2008, 08:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: thinking about bow hunting

Don't do it, we're a finicky bunch but a very addicted bunch as well.[8D] Good luck as well, it's a great time to be getting into bowhunting with the diversity of equipment, information available etc.. best wishes.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rob is correct, once you pick it up...you're in it for the long haul.

There is nothing wrong with the bow you are thinking of. If I were you, get yourself to a reputable shop and shoot it and any other bow that fits your price range. A good shop will be able to outfit you with a bow and all the accesories.

But yeah....once you try drawing that bow on a deer for the first time, shaking uncontrollably, heart pounding in your ears....you'll be hooked.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

the shop im going to has a shooting lane and a 3d shoot set up in it. my father in law just picked one up on the weekend and the guy there was super helpful. so i will be going back there to get my bow. it was great how they worked with him to get his bow 100% and at the end he gave him the bow alot cheaper too.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jayman035, sounds like a great shop. Too few of us have a really good shop close by to go to when we need them. Thats why I learned how to do everything myself.

Good luck with your new bow and welcome to the addiction.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

You better jump on before your wife finds out! It is all over once you start bowhunting, it will suck you right in. Good luck with which ever bow you decide on and remember this fourm has man laws, so pictures of your new baby will be required.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jordan,

As someone said above, SHOOT EVERY bow that is in your price range, before you make up your mind. If there is ONE add-on I'd advise you NOT to skimp on it would be a rest, make sure you get a good quality rest with micro-adjustments, it will make tuning a much easier less stressful event, whether it's you tuning it or a Pro.

And as Muzzyman said, once you get yourself into position for that first bowkill, it'll have you worse than anything you've ever been had by. This is an addiction far worse than any drug could ever be, but at least THIS is a HEALTHY ADDICTION!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for the help. i have narrowed iwn to the bowtech sniper, and a PSE.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:51 PM

Go with the Bowtech. Great bow and a decent price for it already being set up. Bow hunting IMO is the best way to get up close and personal with the animals you are hunting. It is a great challenge and makes rifle hunting a little harder to get back into. You will get hooked the first few shots you take! Good Luck!
Old 12-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Fork Horn

hopefully i will have it before spring so i can practice on some turkey

Quick Reply: thinking about bow hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.