Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 (NON) pass-thru issues.... >

(NON) pass-thru issues....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

(NON) pass-thru issues....

Old 12-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Banned

Default RE: (NON) pass-thru issues....

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

The last 8 deer I have shot have been with Muzzys. I have had 7 pass throughs, with the one non pass through being at a severe angle after the buck turned. I even had pass throughs with my old Bear Whitetail bow and aluminum arrows. I want a pass through every time as the arrow is the vital link to any tracking job that may take place.
Not to mentionthat with a passthru, 2 holes are dripping blood instead of one. Plus an arrow lodged in animal plugs arteries and keeps it alive by acting like a compression on the wound.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

VA....I used muzzy's exclusively in '06......taking 5 whitetails with ONE pass-thru.[&:]
I didn't read this until I already posted. I don't know what to tell you other than I am surprised. I have never generated the KE that you have andI have killed many deer with the Muzzy 3 blade and have always had a complete pass thru with the exception of one time when it was poor shot selection on my part.

Being that was your first year, how comfortable are you (now in retrospect) that your bow was properly tuned that year?
Old 12-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Banned

Pretty well sums it up

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=801539
Old 12-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

YeahI used the teken mechanical 100 grain when Iarrowed my buck this year. Thearrow didnt go through it was a clean hit. the blade only halfway opened up and the hole was tiny!! Barely any blood it ran 250 yards and finally died. the arrow hit the back rib and skimmed toward the liver into the guts. plus the tip was bent a little! I shot my doe this year with a Montec 100grain fixed blade and that deer bleed all over the place only ran 30 yards and died plus had a great pass through. I use a Mathews Switchback at 70 pounds with 27 inch draw That teken should of went through!!!
Old 12-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

Not to mentionthat with a passthru, 2 holes are dripping blood instead of one. Plus an arrow lodged in animal plugs arteries and keeps it alive by acting like a compression on the wound.
You are correct. However, a partial pass through does this as well. Even though i haven't had complete pass thru's on any, I've had partials on 5 of 7 in which the arrow was found within 30 yards of the POI.

On the other two, certainly a valid point that you are making and if I continue to use them, someday I may pay the price. But so far, the two that weren't even partials still left a trail as good as my Muzzy's and there was a dead deer at the end of the trail.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Don...

Honestly....what's your point? I'm showing you exactly where I hit the deer.....lol. I'm not ashamed nor do I feel "inferior" because my equipment (the shot placement isn't a question now, is it???) isn't producing pass-thrus. I'm just trying to fix it.

And don't believe everything you read on the internet. Go back over there and ask the guys on AT what their maximum"effective range" is. Report back. That ought to peg my bull **** meter as much as asking people about pass-thrus.

There's nothing virtuousin getting them.....lol.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did you even read any of the first few pages?
No, Ididn't waste my time. Didn't need to. I got the just of it in the other three threads you've started on the same topic.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Banned

Making the point that you r in the minority with no pass thrus and you aren't going to get a pass thru with a treble hook on the end of the arrow attached to a Gobbler Guillotine. I guess I just don't know why u keep questioning why u don't get pass thrus when Almost everybody else on the survey here and on AT get pass thrus. Get a slicktrick on the end of your arrow or any other fixed head, turn your bow down to 30# and get a firm grip on your arrow as you pull it out of the dirt with blood all over it as it just easily blew through the vitals. No reason to get defensive..u are a smart guy..the answer has been given to you.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey goherd.....I mean ....congrats and all on your first deer (sincerely)....but based on the wound in this pic.....I'm trying to figure out why you're coming onto a thread JUST to berate MY shot placement? What gives?

Old 12-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Goherd says, "do as I say, not as I do"

Quick Reply: (NON) pass-thru issues....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.