Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hell Razor / G5 Montec guys.....Questions >

Hell Razor / G5 Montec guys.....Questions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hell Razor / G5 Montec guys.....Questions

Old 12-14-2008, 11:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Hell Razor / G5 Montec guys.....Questions

Who uses them?

Are they the same size?

Honestly.....out of a couple packs (6 heads)...how many can you expect to fly true?

I'm assuming a great percentage of your shots are pass-thrus. Correct?

How easy are they to re-use? Durable? If I only shot one deer a year this wouldn't be such an issue. But it's tough to think about losing $12-$13 every time you loose an arrow.

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hell Razor / G5 Montec guys.....Questions

i use G5 montecs and they are very easy to sharpen they fly very true, everything was a pass through that i shot. The one thing that i like about the montecs over the hell razors is that the montec is one piece the hell razors are welded. all in all the montec is a great head try them out
[align=left] [/align]
Old 12-14-2008, 02:42 PM

I've found that the Montecs aren't as durable as they're cracked up to be. Of the 6 that I've shot at game or hit a tree with, all 6 were destroyed by either the tip blunting or a blade breaking. They do shoot extremely well though. Of 9 that I've had all 9 tuned and shot well. I switched to the Strikers this year so that if I destroy the blade section I can at least replace it and not loose the entire head.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to use montecs, and never had a problem with them. They are durable, but like Kodiac said, I had problems with tips bending. Contrary to popular belief, they indeed do keep an edge, and can be sharpened pretty easily.

With that said, I switched to G5 Strikers, and I'm not looking back anytime soon.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck

My wife had two pass thrus with her hellrazors and they held up great. I sharpend them and put em right back in the quiver. All of hers and mine shot tru to each other.Mine on the other hand are still brand new:{ I need to quit being so picky.....
Old 12-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

I'm pretty much of a rookie using non-replaceable blade heads. I did try some Montecs briefly this year, but never actually hunted with them. Mine shot well, but I wasn't ready to shell out another $29 for their sharpening stone. I figured using replaceable blades were simpler and easier for me.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hellrazors are the sharpest broadhead you can get right out of a pack. All the ones I ever shot flew true. They are easy to resharpen from what i hear. Once I shoot a broadhead I throw it to the side. They make good groundhog heads. Anyway they are extremely durable!
Old 12-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I killed 7 with the G5's Jeff, all pass thrus. They fly great but are never sharp enough out of the package. I also used the strikers and they are seriously sharp and fly true also. You will get the pass thru's your after.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Banned

Jeff, don't know if u have used the Slick tricks but they fly true and kill...I am very happy. I use the standard 4 blade 100 gr. Quite a performer..durable and complete pass thrus with my 60 lb setup omn everything I killed thid year. Replaceable blades offered too. Once you go Slick; they are the trick[8D]
That should be their advertising logo
Old 12-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I were you I would get a head that offers replaceable blades. Since you do shoot (at) a lot of deer, its nice to know that you have a nice balanced setup with every arrow. My muzzy's have never failed me, nor broke my wallet.

Quick Reply: Hell Razor / G5 Montec guys.....Questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.