HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Hell Razor / G5 Montec guys.....Questions (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/278424-hell-razor-g5-montec-guys-questions.html)

Hoytail Hunter 12-15-2008 04:10 PM

RE: Hell Razor / G5 Montec guys.....Questions

ORIGINAL: Germ

It took me awhile, but I am a SL shooter these days

Damn Gary, I'veseen it imputed before that you are one smart dude but neverthought to giveit any real credence. Now I am convinced! :D;);)

NChunterman 12-15-2008 04:22 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I think I'm gonna go with a G5 Striker magnum 125gr. I'll lose VERY little in KE (2-3FP's).....and I think I'll appreciate the extra momentum produced.

Thanks for all of your inputs. There's likely a LOT of great heads I could go with....but I like being able to replace the blades on a whim.

Hopefully I'll get to try one out in the urban season.....in NCHunterman invites me over!
I haven't checked the regs this year Jeff, I'm not sure they are having an extended season? From what I understand it's been open the whole season, but if they have one i've got one lot secured and you're more than welcome to give it whirl. I've not set foot on this place since late September in which I seen 3 does.

TreednNC 12-16-2008 06:23 AM

nvmd...i posted wrong info

GMMAT 12-16-2008 06:35 AM

I haven't checked the regs this year Jeff, I'm not sure they are having an extended season? From what I understand it's been open the whole season, but if they have one i've got one lot secured and you're more than welcome to give it whirl. I've not set foot on this place since late September in which I seen 3 does.
I'll check, Brandon (NCWRC), but I'm pretty sure they'll have the urban season in Elkin again this year.

I'm down to doe tags.....but would be interested in a Saturday sit here and there. Since I haven't taken one in a while.....I now have people asking for venison.

I'll shoot you a PM when I find something out.

And....thanks.;)

**Edit.....just checked....and it's set for 1/10/09 - 2/14/09. Let me know.....and I'll be there.

IL_BOW_MAN 12-16-2008 07:34 AM

I have zero complaints about my montecs as well. I can sharpen one of these broadheads in about 5 minutes. 5 minutes of my time is a heck of a lot cheaper then buying replacement blades. And I have never had an issue tuning my montecs.

If it gives a you a warm fuzzy feeling...a friend of mine shoots less then 50 pounds on her Parker and she even gets pass throughs.

I believe any fixed blade that is sharp will do the job you are wanting. When it comes down to it, you should just find one that shoots well with your setup. Sometimes certain broadheads just won't fly worth a hoot.

Vabowman 12-16-2008 08:07 AM

don't know about those two heads...I think the G5 striker are good. I do know that Slick Tricks fly just like a fp...I had to finish a deer off with them after a Rage spine shot...