Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: Mastevt

I agree with NY and sjsfire, however, we (my wife and I) like to make our own steaks, summer sausage, ground italian, just ground with some pork for burgers and such, and snack sticks, and the wifes favorite, canned venison. That some good stuff right there!
How do you can your venison? Any recipes?
Old 12-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Banned

I want to get into canning deer too. Clients of mine cantheir deerwith a little beef tallow in each jar...awesome.

Well..I am tired..been jerkyin' all day..I had tons more but we been eatin as fast as it comes out. It came out awesome...this is the Mesquite. Tommorrow prep a bunch more meat and get it curin so I can make more Monday or Tuesday

Old 12-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

why diddnt mine turn out good at all??? im mad now...

Old 12-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Banned

Well, one batch done and now onto the cajun mix. These foodsavers are gr8

Old 12-14-2008, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Funny HCH. I cut up a bunch of meat today and have it in the fridge. I do my own seasoning. Mix it up a bit. Today I'm doing 2 batches. 10 lbs of hotand4 lbs mild. I used to smoke my own but my smoker was destroyed in a wind/hail storm. I'm in the planning phases right now to have one built in the summer. At least I have a friend at work that has a walk in smoker that I can use.

Hot is sodium nitrate, garlic, sugar, paprika, pickling salt, Keens hot mustard powder, cayenne pepper, worshter sauce and Frank's red hot
Mild is sodium nitrate, sugar, garlic, paprika, fresh ground black pepper, chilli powder, and worster sauce.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: sandilands

Funny HCH. I cut up a bunch of meat today and have it in the fridge. I do my own seasoning. Mix it up a bit. Today I'm doing 2 batches. 10 lbs of hotand4 lbs mild. I used to smoke my own but my smoker was destroyed in a wind/hail storm. I'm in the planning phases right now to have one built in the summer. At least I have a friend at work that has a walk in smoker that I can use.

Hot is sodium nitrate, garlic, sugar, paprika, pickling salt, Keens hot mustard powder, cayenne pepper, worshter sauce and Frank's red hot
Mild is sodium nitrate, sugar, garlic, paprika, fresh ground black pepper, chilli powder, and worster sauce.
YUM...I like your recipes
Old 12-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

We'll share soon. My problem is I just throw it all together. I get the itch to make some and take out a bunch of outside rounds to cut up. I make it and don't write down the measurements of the ingredients. The next batch is different. I wrote them down tonight
I let them sit in the fridge for a couple of days and then smoke them. I taste them along the way too. Just pull out a strip and taste raw. That way I get a feel for what the end product is and if I need to add anything I can add it B4 it hits the smoker.
I cut up and seasoned meat today and will smoke on tuesday. I have left meat to cure for as long as 7 days. 12 hrs in the smoker and they are done.
My question is why vacuum wrap? Its dried meat. freezer burn can't dry it out anymore........... although this batch probabley won't last much more than a week or 2. I can pull out a large ziplock bag( the size of a throw pillow) and its gone in a day. Hrs if I share, which I like to do
Old 12-15-2008, 04:53 AM

Mmmm Jerky....