Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 overlook the fact of killing deer? >

overlook the fact of killing deer?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

overlook the fact of killing deer?

Old 12-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: overlook the fact of killing deer?

I always have the assumption that I could take multiple deer if I have chosen to.If I don't kill a buck in a season it is because I have chosen not to kill.That I havn't seen a buck I would like to kill.So like a number of other folks here I assume I could kill bucks or doe's if I wish to,that it will not be a matter of whether I will "see one" just a matter of whether I see and have the opportunity at the "right one" or "right ones".
Old 12-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tsoc

I always have the assumption that I could take multiple deer if I have chosen to.If I don't kill a buck in a season it is because I have chosen not to kill.That I havn't seen a buck I would like to kill.So like a number of other folks here I assume I could kill bucks or doe's if I wish to,that it will not be a matter of whether I will "see one" just a matter of whether I see and have the opportunity at the "right one" or "right ones".
Exactly. Now, for the sake of this thread, what if a massive CWD epidemic had swept through yourarea(s) and you spent the entire seasonsitting without getting a single chance at a kill shot? How would that affect someone in your position emotionally/mentally as opposed to someone who isno strangerto hunting an entire season without getting a shot?
Old 12-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

You need to hunt something different. I use to be in the same boat. Just took it for granted thatI'd get several deer. I hunted PA and WV. Most years taking 6 or 7.

I went bear hunting for the first time in 2003 in my home state of PA. We lost our WV farm and I had a vacation already scheduled. I went bear hunting.

It was a whole different ball game. The excitment level was different. Not the same ole, same ole like with killing deer every year.

I was very lucky and got a 200lb boar. I was on cloud nine. Didn't compare to deer hunting. The feeling of not knowing the outcome made things interesting. And when finally conecting, the thrill was awesome.

Just hunt a different animal really made things exciting. Went on my moose hunt in 2005. Again, very exciting.

You need to go on a hunt or try something new. That way you will experience the " Not Knowing" part of the hunt, that you are missing.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

only one of the properties i hunt is there a 90% chance of a deer (doe) i dont shoot does that often anymore. there is this one buck im going after and im just too dedicated and cant afford to kill another :/