Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tag Soup or a Spiker??????? >

Tag Soup or a Spiker???????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tag Soup or a Spiker???????

Old 12-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Tag Soup or a Spiker???????

So you should kill something you don't want to (that won't make you happy)......if you want to be recognized by your peers as a "hunter"??
you have strayed from the original intent of the threadjust to provoke an argument, what a piece of work.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

Let the spiker go and shoot a doe instead. This question is nota reasonable question as if you wanted venison,the hunter had months to shoot a doeprior to this day.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Dopler

Let the spiker go and shoot a doe instead. This question is nota reasonable question as if you wanted venison,the hunter had months to shoot a doeprior to this day.
Please read the original QUESTION ...... it IS reasonable in alot of areas ... if you want to play, read the original question

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Last hunt of the year .....you have not put any venison in the freezer and noone has given you any ....... the last 15 minutes of your season, a fat spiker shows up by himself and stops 18 yards away, broadside ...... do you take him or end the season with zero venison?

I know that some of you guys hunt where doe abound and it's almost impossible for you to comprehend the question .... but if ya wanna play, you have to put yourself in the situation ......not change it
Old 12-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let the spiker go and shoot a doe instead.
Not possible. In this situation, it's the last few minutes of the last hunt of the season.

This question is nota reasonable question as if you wanted venison,the hunter had months to shoot a doeprior to this day.
Sure it's reasonable. There are a lot of hunters out there that go all season without getting ANY deer.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:02 AM

Where I live it is against the law to shoot a doe so if this spike made the mistake to step out I would SMOKE'EM

mmmm....tasty spike.
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes our DNR laws limits our options and they are not always best for the herd. For example this year I shot a spike bull elk to fill the freezer .... when I shot him he had 3 or 4 cows with him. I would have shot a cow in a second over that spike if it wasnt for our screwed up laws that make it bulls only .. But what sells more tags... BULLS only or COWS only.. at least make it either sex for goodness sakes...and its kindoffunny when we have 30-40 cows to bulls in many areas.. dont ya think?
Old 12-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

Let the spiker go and shoot a doe instead.
Not possible. In this situation, it's the last few minutes of the last hunt of the season.

This question is nota reasonable question as if you wanted venison,the hunter had months to shoot a doeprior to this day.
Sure it's reasonable. There are a lot of hunters out there that go all season without getting ANY deer.
you are soooooo right, LC .....Over 70% of hunters do not take ANYTHING!!! Tnose of us that take deer regularly are in the minority ......
Old 12-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: shed33

Sometimes our DNR laws limits our options and they are not always best for the herd. For example this year I shot a spike bull elk to fill the freezer .... when I shot him he had 3 or 4 cows with him. I would have shot a cow in a second over that spike if it wasnt for our screwed up laws that make it bulls only .. But what sells more tags... BULLS only or COWS only.. at least make it either sex for goodness sakes...and its kindoffunny when we have 30-40 cows to bulls in many areas.. dont ya think?
You got It Troy- money, money, and more money Is all they care about. Nothing surprises me anymore with the DNR these days!! The DNR Is no different here In Minnesota!
Old 12-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

If you want venison then yes. If you want antlers, no. No question about it. I like big bucks and try to do my part, but I just wonder after some comments made, howsomepeople can make comments that low from a horse that high. No wrong answer, but no reason to think it's not a reasonable question. There are tons and tons and tons and tons of people that may hunt all year and only see a couple deer and then finally get a shot at a spike at the end of season, or better yet, a button head. It just tickles some people to death to take a deer of any sort, gun bow, throwing rocks, however. Im sure most that made the comments held out for large bucks or took only does in the first year or two, with the exception of a few elitest that start out with big bucks and does only in mind, which is fine, but rare, and often wonder how the mind works for the few that start out that way, not to get excited at the first couple shot opportunities on any given deer. I know Id probably have bigger deer on my property if I started that way, but probably would have missed out on several good memories, good meals and BBQs as well that I wouldnt trade for a large deer.

Quick Reply: Tag Soup or a Spiker???????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.