HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Lost/broken equipment? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/278123-lost-broken-equipment.html)

early in 12-12-2008 07:56 AM

Lost/broken equipment?

I was wondering who might have lost and or broken any of their bowhunting equipment so far this season? I have lost/broken 4 arrows. Two that I killed deer with (I won't use them twice on a deer), and two that I lost in tall grassmissingmy big Alberta buck.:(

Rory/MO 12-12-2008 07:57 AM

RE: Lost/broken equipment?

What ever happened with the Alberta trip? I don't remember seeing a story or anything.
I've broken 2 arrows this season, on the doe I killed.

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-12-2008 07:58 AM

I left a EZ Bow Hanger in a tree in lower PA, a broadhead target in NC and ruined several blades. The arrows I shot my deer with are still good.:D

crenshaw 12-12-2008 07:59 AM

2 arrows broke on the same buck. 1 broke when i spine shot him, and the other broke when i put the finisher on him and he rolled and snaped it.

BowHuntingFool 12-12-2008 08:06 AM

I rolled a tip on a Magnus Snuffer, Magnus is replaced it for free. I also broke 2 S.G.H.(Small Game Head's), G5 Outdoors sent me 6 new heads to replace the 2 that I broke! I have to refletch a couple of arrows due to pass thru on animals! Other than that I've had a great season of Fun and its not over yet!!:)

early in 12-12-2008 08:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

What ever happened with the Alberta trip? I don't remember seeing a story or anything.
I missed a 150"+ 8pt.:( I killed this little 9pt. Saw unbelievable rut activity!

GMMAT 12-12-2008 08:10 AM

Hey I FOUND a BH target:):D(It's not been harmed, I assure you)

I've lost two arrows in deer......broken four more.

I lost a headlamp that clips to your cap.

That's about it. Not bad, for as much as I've hunted.

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-12-2008 08:12 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Hey I FOUND a BH target:):D(It's not been harmed, I assure you)

I've lost two arrows in deer......broken four more.

I lost a headlamp that clips to your cap.

That's about it. Not bad, for as much as I've hunted.
LOL, use it all you need to, I've replaced it with two others. :D

Rory/MO 12-12-2008 08:13 AM

ORIGINAL: early in

I missed a 150"+ 8pt.:( I killed this little 9pt. Saw unbelievable rut activity!

Sucks about missing, but at least you still got the job done. Not a little 9 at all, congrats!

early in 12-12-2008 08:15 AM

ORIGINAL: early in

Sucks about missing, but at least you still got the job done. Not a little 9 at all, congrats!
Compared to that big ass 8pt, he's real small!;):D

pwrsrtk350 12-12-2008 08:18 AM

I put a ding in my cam. What did I learn?.....make sure you are clear of the rails on your treestand before you release.

RTA47 12-12-2008 08:24 AM

I`ve lost 2 arrowsand 1 broadhead, killed 4 deer.

Cheapest season i have had in a while so far[&:]

RIStrutStopper 12-12-2008 08:36 AM

Lost 1 arrow. Shot at a doe and she took off running, looked like she hadn't been touched. No blood at all, and couldn't find the arrow. I'm thinking it was deflected into never never land by an unseen branch. Also, lost one quick pin for my API stand.

Deleted User 12-12-2008 09:35 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

pheasantfanatic 12-12-2008 09:47 AM

I lost my $35 pair of UnderArmour gloves....[&:] Other than that, nothing lost....

MN/Kyle 12-12-2008 09:52 AM

Broke:

Pins on my sight
My rest, somehow.

[:@]

MISwampDog 12-12-2008 10:42 AM

It's been a bad year for me.

broke my bow...forgot to make sure i cleard my stand

broke about four arrows...and the one i shot the deer with is still intact.

all in all it cost me $800.

txjourneyman 12-12-2008 10:43 AM

I had a Cobra release fall apart on me while drawing on a doe. I have also left a bowhanger in a tree although I'll go back with a climber and get that.

shed33 12-12-2008 11:33 AM

I lost one of my favorite stocking hats.. does that count? :D

but the one that really sack punched me was my camera breaking down.. its toast..

TEmbry 12-12-2008 11:38 AM

I somehow cut the fiber wrap on my middle pin, sent it in to be rewrapped and replaced it..it is now a backup.

That is it I think...I quit taking a pack full of gear to the stand with me this year, and it helps with not loosing stuff and not moving...I realized the more stuff I have with me, the more I am tempted to move and use/play with it. Kind of like Grizz said about him not using binocs, before long he would be watchin birds, airplanes, looking down at his toes, etc...Having stuff at your fingertips is tempting.:D

lrhuntr 12-12-2008 11:42 AM

A pair of those $1 Wal-Mart gardening gloves I use bowhunting.

Ouch, it still hurts to think about that. :D

Seriously tho, how do you guys lose/break all this stuff? I always tell a deer before I shoot it not to break the arrow, there expensive. ;)So far they've listened.

magicman54494 12-12-2008 11:49 AM

Last year I hid my deer cart in Minn. so no one would steal it. Guess what, I drove away without it! [&o] It was still there waiting for me this year:D

I also stuck my knife in a tree after gutting a deer (so I wouldn'tlose it). I didn't lose it. I know exactly what tree it's stuck in!:D

Critr-Gitr 12-12-2008 12:46 PM

Bushnell 1000 Arc rangefinder. Put it on top of the pickup and drove off.6 weeks old. That one hurt.

07tomkat 12-12-2008 12:49 PM

1 broken arrow this year from a buck. Also my string was really wore out and just got that replaced 2 weeks ago after the close of the PA archery season. I needed to replace the string before the season but I ran out of time unfortunately.