Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The best bows out there... >

The best bows out there...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The best bows out there...

Old 12-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default The best bows out there...

I personally think that the best bows are the oldest bows possible. They've been broken in- heck, they're even better if they've been broken in the past! They've got heart and soul and makes the shooter better. I learned on an old long bow. Much better than mostpeople with one of those high-tech bows with all the bells and whistles on it. I once knew a guy that wouldn't shoot his bow anymore because he didn't have a peep sight. Another guy wouldn't take his bow out until he got a little wrist sling. GEEZ people... when did the skill go out of bow hunting? I personally useda bottom of the barrel low-tech cheap bow that wasn't even a brand name and was about 10 years old at the time. I took a beautiful buck with that bow! At what point does the shooter rely so heavily on technology that he's inept to shoot without it?
Old 12-11-2008, 02:30 PM

Default RE: The best bows out there...

It lets you trust your bow no doubt. With an old bow you used your whole life you know exactly where it is gonna shoot every time. Sure some of the new stuff is really nice....but necessary?
Old 12-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Little Doe Peep

I got my first deer, a doe, with a 30 pound pull, Pro-line that we bought at a yard sale for $35. (For anyone about to go ape over this, there is no minimum draw weight in Michigan and I am very small.)

May The Sheep Be With You
Old 12-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntingirl89

I personally think that the best bows are the oldest bows possible. They've been broken in- heck, they're even better if they've been broken in the past! They've got heart and soul and makes the shooter better. I learned on an old long bow. Much better than mostpeople with one of those high-tech bows with all the bells and whistles on it. I once knew a guy that wouldn't shoot his bow anymore because he didn't have a peep sight. Another guy wouldn't take his bow out until he got a little wrist sling. GEEZ people... when did the skill go out of bow hunting? I personally useda bottom of the barrel low-tech cheap bow that wasn't even a brand name and was about 10 years old at the time. I took a beautiful buck with that bow! At what point does the shooter rely so heavily on technology that he's inept to shoot without it?
First of all I want to say welcome to the bowhunting forum huntingirl 89. Don't believe I've seen you in here before.

I'm with you on this one. I myself hunt with an old PSE bow from time to time and have taken 2 P&Y animals with it. I don't know if some of us feel like we have to keep up with the Jones' or what, but I have no problem with someone shooting an older bow. I would put my old PSEup against some of these guys with these new Bowtechs anyday!
Old 12-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you can't stick a deer without hundreds of dollars in equipment
you may as well get yourself a scopedrifle.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Banned

Expensive bows = pussification of America
Old 12-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

IF I may... I will add that I think it is entirely more possible to take a better buck with an older bow. [8D]
Old 12-11-2008, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll be good.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:40 PM

$200 bow launching an arrow through the lungs = $2000 dollar bow launching an arrow through the lungs = Dead deer.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Deleted in the interest of fun.

Quick Reply: The best bows out there...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.