Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The best bows out there... >

The best bows out there...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The best bows out there...

Old 12-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The best bows out there...

thanks
BTW
that is generaly wat people do in the off season JMO
Well you know what they say about opinions...they are like.... well I don't want to get my threads removed already
Old 12-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bitterroot21

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

First of all I want to say welcome to the bowhunting forum huntingirl 89. Don't believe I've seen you in here before.

I'm with you on this one. I myself hunt with an old PSE bow from time to time and have taken 2 P&Y animals with it. I don't know if some of us feel like we have to keep up with the Jones' or what, but I have no problem with someone shooting an older bow. I would put my old PSEup against some of these guys with these new Bowtechs anyday!

Sounds to melike you have Bow envy. Why name Bowtech specifically? Personally I have a Bowtech and I am confident in my ability with it. It may not be as new as some but it is an 06. I guess according to you I am Keeping Up With The Jones'. Nice generalization on your part.

How's the handshock on that old bow of yours? Noise?

Whatever....
Easy there bitterroot! I said I shoot an old PSE from time to time. I have another bow that is my main bow and believe it or not it's a bowtech! OH MY!!! I just like to shoot the old bow that I used for my first bow kill. Nothing wrong with that is there??
No nothing wrong with that, but to make a blanket statement about some crappy old bow being a better shooter than the new ones is crazy, oh wait you are just claiming to be a better archer than anyone with a new bow.

You can't even decide which bow to use.
Good Gosh what is your problem??? I like to take an old bow hunting and now I'm the new black sheep of the bowhunting forum. Who knows. Maybe I could mop the deck with you on the course with the old PSE Carrol Intruder. Get a grip man!
Old 12-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Matriarch Doe!

ORIGINAL: IL_BOW_MAN

ORIGINAL: hntngirl

I can't believe people even spend money on bows. I made my best bow out of a BBQ fork and a bungee cord.
Granted, it only had a range of about 8 & 1/2 feet, but with my skills, that's all I needed.
And when exactly was the last time you killed something? And you running to Illinois tonight does not count!!
Pictures don't lie, buddy.

(And Illinois ain't all that far.)

Old 12-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jasonlester

Remember overdraws. How many people shot those. Raise your hands (mine is) I've spent my fair share on gizmos...I'll let someone else support the industry now. And to behonest...Thats good for our sport.Gaining bow hunterswill keep us able to hunt in the future.
I remember them. I still got the old Mongoose set-up on my old bow. I think it is like a 3 1/2" overdraw. My arrows are only 26 1/2" on this set-up!
Old 12-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pictures of DavidMills dog playing dead don't count!!
Old 12-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Dominant Buck

AIn't ya'll got some cookin'.....or ironin' to do?
Old 12-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats exactly what i was thinking Its a conspiracy man [8D]
ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

I see the off season crew coming in to ruffle some feathers...Good stuff.[8D]
Old 12-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

So how do we see this when our now new bows are old??
Old 12-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

So how do we see this when our now new bows are old??
I'm in the same boat, 5 yo bow, oh the shame!![8D]
Old 12-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

First of all I want to say welcome to the bowhunting forum huntingirl 89. Don't believe I've seen you in here before.

I'm with you on this one. I myself hunt with an old PSE bow from time to time and have taken 2 P&Y animals with it. I don't know if some of us feel like we have to keep up with the Jones' or what, but I have no problem with someone shooting an older bow. I would put my old PSEup against some of these guys with these new Bowtechs anyday!

Sounds to melike you have Bow envy. Why name Bowtech specifically? Personally I have a Bowtech and I am confident in my ability with it. It may not be as new as some but it is an 06. I guess according to you I am Keeping Up With The Jones'. Nice generalization on your part.

How's the handshock on that old bow of yours? Noise?

Whatever....
Easy there bitterroot! I said I shoot an old PSE from time to time. I have another bow that is my main bow and believe it or not it's a bowtech! OH MY!!! I just like to shoot the old bow that I used for my first bow kill. Nothing wrong with that is there??
No nothing wrong with that, but to make a blanket statement about some crappy old bow being a better shooter than the new ones is crazy, oh wait you are just claiming to be a better archer than anyone with a new bow.

You can't even decide which bow to use.
Good Gosh what is your problem??? I like to take an old bow hunting and now I'm the new black sheep of the bowhunting forum. Who knows. Maybe I could mop the deck with you on the course with the old PSE Carrol Intruder. Get a grip man!
You know PSE stands for Penis Size Envy, right?

Quick Reply: The best bows out there...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.