Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The best bows out there... >

The best bows out there...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The best bows out there...

Old 12-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The best bows out there...

Mule Deer...

Old 12-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GregH

I've been saying this for years! I took my biggest buckwith my old bow and haven't come close to it since I switched to the newer ones. Next year, I'm going back to "Old Faithful"

What kind of bow do you shoot now? I dont think Ive ever heard you say....
Old 12-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Dominant Buck

A burnie custom r-d longbow. In osage and bambo, or even brazilian walnut and bamboo. I hear they are the tops.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

BTW for my opinion
i currently have aold $200 browning that i found hanging in the back of a pro shop i like it but its a little loud and inconsitant i killed a nice 9 pnter with it but im planning on purchasing a $500 MATHEWS MISSION UX2 this summer
Old 12-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

A burnie custom r-d longbow. In osage and bambo, or even brazilian walnut and bamboo. I hear they are the tops.
Burnie...when should I place my order for one of these? Seriously...I really want one this spring after I get some tax money!! If you are interested in making me one that is...
Old 12-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntingirl89

I personally think that the best bows are the oldest bows possible. They've been broken in- heck, they're even better if they've been broken in the past! They've got heart and soul and makes the shooter better. I learned on an old long bow. Much better than mostpeople with one of those high-tech bows with all the bells and whistles on it. I once knew a guy that wouldn't shoot his bow anymore because he didn't have a peep sight. Another guy wouldn't take his bow out until he got a little wrist sling. GEEZ people... when did the skill go out of bow hunting? I personally useda bottom of the barrel low-tech cheap bow that wasn't even a brand name and was about 10 years old at the time. I took a beautiful buck with that bow! At what point does the shooter rely so heavily on technology that he's inept to shoot without it?
My only question is why do you care? As long as people are hunting legal it shouldn't matter. I like to shoot newer bows becausei can and they are just dang fun to shoot. And i will continue to shoot newer bows as long as i can afford them.

Wayne
Old 12-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Matriarch Doe!

I can't believe people even spend money on bows. I made my best bow out of a BBQ fork and a bungee cord.
Granted, it only had a range of about 8 & 1/2 feet, but with my skills, that's all I needed.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hntngirl

I can't believe people even spend money on bows. I made my best bow out of a BBQ fork and a bungee cord.
Granted, it only had a range of about 8 & 1/2 feet, but with my skills, that's all I needed.
And when exactly was the last time you killed something? And you running to Illinois tonight does not count!!
Old 12-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: IL_BOW_MAN

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Burnie...when should I place my order for one of these? Seriously...I really want one this spring after I get some tax money!! If you are interested in making me one that is...
Ive got two going right now and trying to find time to work on them. Ive got an Ipe bamboo, and a Ipe, white oak with rattle snake skin for a backing. Ive got a butt load of furniture to make as well in the next two weeks. Remind me when you are ready, I get real serious with my bow making in the spring and summer.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

First of all I want to say welcome to the bowhunting forum huntingirl 89. Don't believe I've seen you in here before.

I'm with you on this one. I myself hunt with an old PSE bow from time to time and have taken 2 P&Y animals with it. I don't know if some of us feel like we have to keep up with the Jones' or what, but I have no problem with someone shooting an older bow. I would put my old PSEup against some of these guys with these new Bowtechs anyday!

Sounds to melike you have Bow envy. Why name Bowtech specifically? Personally I have a Bowtech and I am confident in my ability with it. It may not be as new as some but it is an 06. I guess according to you I am Keeping Up With The Jones'. Nice generalization on your part.

How's the handshock on that old bow of yours? Noise?

Whatever....

Quick Reply: The best bows out there...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.