HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   [Deleted] (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/277946-deleted.html)

Deleted User 12-11-2008 09:00 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Rick James 12-11-2008 09:24 AM

RE: Anyone shoot/shooting Rocky Mountain Snypers ?

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

? ?

Thinking about switching because I can get them for $24 compared for nearly $40 for my "favorite" head.

Experiences ?
Pros?
Cons ?
I know Rob shoots them with great results. I've seen the holes they leave in a doe he shot at my camp last year........impressive to say the least. If I couldn't get the heads I use now (yes.....those ones that look just like these but a little bigger) I would use the snypers.

Sooner State Hunter 12-11-2008 09:33 AM

no experience with the snypers, but my buddy switched to Rocky Mt Gator's this year and they've worked well for him.

Jimimac 12-11-2008 09:45 AM

I've shot my last three deer using them and have been very satisfied with the results. Excellent entry hole, good blood trails. Two of three deer were easy pass throughs and the third ended up lodging in the far shoulder on a hard quartering away shot. Same thing would have happened with a fixed blade on that shot IMO. I'm shooting about 65 pounds with a 450 grain arrow.

Entry hole.

Deleted User 12-11-2008 09:48 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

buckmaster 12-11-2008 09:56 AM

They're basically the same head, they're made by the same company even. (i think)

The only difference is that the Snypers have a smaller cutting diameter, and they're on sale at cabelas for $25 a pack.

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-11-2008 09:57 AM

I've shot 10 deer now with the RM Snypers all with excellent results, huge entrance holes, large exit holes, great blood trails and finished animals.

BUT, practice with them, although I have them grouping perfect with field tips plus other fixed heads, I have seen them be off slightly for a friend of mine.

GMMAT 12-11-2008 10:00 AM

What's you guys (who use them) experience with pass-thrus and this head.

Also....how much KE are you pushing?

Thanks.

Jimimac 12-11-2008 10:01 AM

For me, the rubber bands are not an issue and the heads open up very easy. I won't be changing to the Rage heads anytime soon since I've had good success with these and they are a good bit cheaper.

RTA47 12-11-2008 10:02 AM

I have been shooting sniper`s now for about about 4 seasons with out a daubt these are some wicked heads!