Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My best day in the woods EVER >

My best day in the woods EVER

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My best day in the woods EVER

Old 12-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default My best day in the woods EVER

Im still not believing this. I went in this evening, had a Doe come by on my left side on the edge of a high wall at 45 yards with two spikes in tow, looked like they were rutting. Later 4 Does came by, same place. Ten minutes before light ran out i start hearing something close behind me and to my right. I cant figure out what it is, and thought it was a buck thrashing a tree. Seconds later out steps the Big 8 point that i had a close encounter a week ago, if he turned right he was going to come right by me,,,he turned left [&:]THEN out steps a funcky very very palmented with gobs of points, very nontypical buck with MASS. He to went left to, thenI heard the noise again,,,it was them sparing on a quad trail 25 yards behind me,I couldnt shoot through the pine trees []All of the sudden an absolute PIG stepped out, If i could squat down i could make the shot at 20,, just as i squated he stepped behind a wall of honey suckle and watched the other two bucks spar for awhile. There ended up being 5 bucks together and the smallest was around 115". Light was fading fast and they walked behind me, and was headed to where the other deer had gone earlier. I pulled up on the PIG and could not see my pins He was around 280 on the hoof just a giant body but his rack was funky. His Right was a massive 5 point but his left had a beam with a giant fork and a browtine but his tine length was LONG. The non typical was shaped like nothing i have ever seen before and was just beaming. I have finally figured out a pattern in this new spot. What bums me out when i scouted this place two weeks ago i had found the trail they came out on that crosses the quad trail. I noted that it had some GIANT tracks in it and some small rubs around it. I thought naw, they wont be following a trail in the daylight, i thought wrong [&o]I need to adjust a bit but cant hunt it till this weekend. Please dont think im bragging, im not that way but i had to tell someone I dont let it out to the guys on the lease for obvious reasons. They dont work half as hard as i do for moments like this, so i dont take the chance and spill the beans to them. I ended up staying in for 40 minutes after dark as they were headed through a funnel where i HAD to go to get out. I was not taking any chances I feel blessed with the season i have had even though i have not put a buck down. I was starting to think i was crazy for passing on 110" bucks, but i got a reminder of why this evening Its big or for broke this season
Dink
Old 12-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My best day in the woods EVER

WOW awesome hunt, what a bummer you couldnt get a shot... but I believe you will meet again in the near future.I sure hope so anyway. Good luck bud.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow!!! What a night Dan!!! Good things are going to happen man, the writing Is on the wall!!

Good luck!!
Old 12-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Dominant Buck

I hear ya, Dink!

My best day never saw me reach for the bow. That didn't make the show any less spectacular

Congrats
Old 12-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I so have a good feeling about this spot, i cant believe i have overlooked it all these years [&:]Ill adjust the stand Saturday around noon. The climber is out, its a nasty pine Grove and only two trees you can use a climber in. If i dont do any good, ill know where im shed hunting some this year. It will be nasty walking but Im game after knowing what beds in there
Old 12-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ya know Jeff, this twice i could have been DONE had i bought my Smoke pole licenes. I have no regrets...its the moment that matters
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I hear ya, Dink!

My best day never saw me reach for the bow. That didn't make the show any less spectacular

Congrats
Old 12-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, is all I can say! good luck this weekend! WE WANT PICS
Old 12-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

THat is pretty wild to have that kind of action this time of year. Good luck getting a crack at one of them buggers.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:43 PM

Keep the faith Crik...you're going to stick one of those bad boys.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's good stuff!! This is the kind of thing that keeps us doing what we do. Good luck.

Quick Reply: My best day in the woods EVER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.