Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Buy my next stand... >

Buy my next stand...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buy my next stand...

Old 12-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Buy my next stand...

Or at least help me pick it out. I currently hunt with 4-5 hang-ons throughout the year. I have 4 climbing sticks with these of different brands (whatever is on sale), and a ladder that has been painted to not shine or stick out.

Anyways I have already purchased a Gorilla King Kong, and a Big Game Boss stand and then 2 Remington Climbing sticks in the last few weeks. The stands both seems like they are great. I am going to get one more setup for next year still.

Right now Bass Pro has $20 off a purchase of $100 or more. I have been looking at getting the Remington Stand/Climbing Stick Combo for $99.89.

Also looked at the Gorilla Kong and the Gorrila Silverback Scout. I have a Silverback already and LOVE it, and I'm sure that the Kong is of the same great quality as my other 3 Gorillas.

My budget for this setup is going to be around $100. The only plus I like about the Remington is that I get the stick with it. However, I really like Gorilla stands, and I can usually find a climbing stick on sale somewhere for around 30 bucks.

Thanks for the help guys and help me spend some of my hard earned money...
Old 12-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buy my next stand...

Get a climber, then you only have to have ONE stand. Just my suggestion.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 1shotkill1993

Get a climber, then you only have to have ONE stand. Just my suggestion.
Well I did buya climber this year instead of getting a few more hang ons. I had a pretty bad night with it on my way down that scared the crap out of me and I have now taken it back, and don't plan on getting a new one any time soon.

While it was very convenient, I did not feel like it was worth it.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Summit Climber for sure
Old 12-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbucks98

Summit Climber for sure
Trust me people I hunted with my Summit a few times this year and will not feel comfortable climbing back up into one. Not going to bash it on the board as there was already a thread for it.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Not a safer climber out there that I know of (summit).

That being said....I boughta LW alpha sit and climb this year.....and I've been up with it about 75+ times, so far. It's my go-to....and I'll never look back.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Illinois Buck Hunter

Well I did buya climber this year instead of getting a few more hang ons. I had a pretty bad night with it on my way down that scared the crap out of me and I have now taken it back, and don't plan on getting a new one any time soon.

I agree 100%. I don't feel comfortable with them either..mine is collecting dust. The ONLY time I use it, is when I have camera man duties for someone else who hunts from one.

I know it is slightly over, but WVHunter pointed me in the right direction, I am going to try a millenium m100 hangon. Supposedly the most comfortable bar none, weighs about 15 lbs (not light, but not heavy), and costs about 180-190 on sportsmansguide. What I plan to do is buy extra sets of sticks (20 ft sticks on SG for $35), and set these out with a receiver for the millenium stand (chain on, just slide peg of stand into and your ready to hunt).....So, I wont have a stand in the woods to be stolen, after the initial stand purchase, each additional stand sight setup only costs like 20 bucks for the receiver instead of 40+ for another hang on. Once the receiver is set, hanging the stand takes seconds, with no effort at all. Just climb up with it on your back, once there take it off back, slide into receiver, climb in and hunt. I will have probably 300 or so in it, but this will give me 5-7 setups...so it is on par with the cheapest stands you can find..except this one is comfortable.

Ask WV about em or google them if interested...I can't wait to try it.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

I agree 100%. I don't feel comfortable with them either..mine is collecting dust. The ONLY time I use it, is when I have camera man duties for someone else who hunts from one.

I know it is slightly over, but WVHunter pointed me in the right direction, I am going to try a millenium m100 hangon. Supposedly the most comfortable bar none, weighs about 15 lbs (not light, but not heavy), and costs about 180-190 on sportsmansguide. What I plan to do is buy extra sets of sticks (20 ft sticks on SG for $35), and set these out with a receiver for the millenium stand (chain on, just slide peg of stand into and your ready to hunt).....So, I wont have a stand in the woods to be stolen, after the initial stand purchase, each additional stand sight setup only costs like 20 bucks for the receiver instead of 40+ for another hang on. Once the receiver is set, hanging the stand takes seconds, with no effort at all. Just climb up with it on your back, once there take it off back, slide into receiver, climb in and hunt. I will have probably 300 or so in it, but this will give me 5-7 setups...so it is on par with the cheapest stands you can find..except this one is comfortable.

Ask WV about em or google them if interested...I can't wait to try it.
I've heard nothing but good things about the Milleniums, but my one question is can the seat fold up so you are able to get up next to the tree?

The guy that told me to look into them said they are the most comfortable he has ever ran across and he has no problem hunting all day out of them.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:36 PM

I've heard nothing but good things about the Milleniums, but my one question is can the seat fold up so you are able to get up next to the tree?

The guy that told me to look into them said they are the most comfortable he has ever ran across and he has no problem hunting all day out of them.
You betcha. Heres a pic from a dealers website.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

hmmm thats one that may need to be taken into consideration if I can save up to fully utilize the advantages of just being able to carry the stand in and out with me each day.

Quick Reply: Buy my next stand...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.