Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Buy my next stand... >

Buy my next stand...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buy my next stand...

Old 12-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Buy my next stand...

It all depends on what tree within the area you want to set in. For example I love being able to climb as high as I want or needed with my climber, but you need a good tree with no big limbs in the way while climbing. But I love being able to use my hangons(especially the Lone Wolf) for adaptability. I can hang it almost anywhere and take full advantage of the cover of forked trees or fencerows afford, especially this time of year.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Banned

Sounds like u like the cheapies so I heard that Menards has a bunch on closeout. When you want quality..step up to a LW hangon and you will junk the rest..jmo
Old 12-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Sounds like u like the cheapies so I heard that Menards has a bunch on closeout. When you want quality..step up to a LW hangon and you will junk the rest..jmo
I LOVE Lone Wolf!!! I have hunted from one once and thought it was great and couldn't say enough good things about them. However like you said, the cheapies work better for me right now. I'm a full time college student, so I get by with what I can with my job.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Illinois Buck Hunter

I LOVE Lone Wolf!!! I have hunted from one once and thought it was great and couldn't say enough good things about them. However like you said, the cheapies work better for me right now. I'm a full time college student, so I get by with what I can with my job.
Nothin wrong with that buddy. I can only afford one and I only use my LW Alpha hangon. I hang it and tear it down each time I hunt using the LW sticks. My stuff can't get stolen, weathered, or chewed on by squirrels. A young buck like you should be able to have enough stealth and energy to hunt like this if an old dude like me can.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Illinois Buck Hunter

Nothin wrong with that buddy. I can only afford one and I only use my LW Alpha hangon. I hang it and tear it down each time I hunt using the LW sticks. My stuff can't get stolen, weathered, or chewed on by squirrels. A young buck like you should be able to have enough stealth and energy to hunt like this if an old dude like me can.
I have thought about this approach, and it is somewhat similar to what TEmbry suggested with the Milleniums. And whatever you did this year must of worked lol because you put down some studs.

I used to pack a hang on into public land about a mile deep, and would see a lot of deer by putting it up and taking it down. Over the last 4 years or so though, I have started hunting on our family farm and have opted to leaving them out since theft has never been a problem and it reduces the time and noise of putting a set up.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will certainly put my vote in for the Millenium. By far the most comfortable stand out there, and yes the seat folds up against the tree. If you hunt in an area where you can set up your stand sites ahead of time, and leave them set up....imo, this stand is hard to beat. You can buy the extra recievers and set up multiple sites, and you only need 1 actual stand. All you do is decide which set you are gonna hunt,carry your stand out with you and slip it in. I have 8 stand sites set up and will have more next season. Brackets cost about $21, so not too bad.

That said, if you hunt like HCH, the LW is probably a better fit, and certainly a great stand too. Its a tad more adaptable due to the platform leveler, so you can set up on just about any tree. You need a straight section of tree for the Millenium to set up correctly so the platform is level (like most hangons)...which usually isn't hard to find.

I think even HCH will vouch for the Millenium, as I know he has one too...just doesn't fit his style as much as it does mine (and maybe yours).
Old 12-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

I will certainly put my vote in for the Millenium. By far the most comfortable stand out there, and yes the seat folds up against the tree. If you hunt in an area where you can set up your stand sites ahead of time, and leave them set up....imo, this stand is hard to beat. You can buy the extra recievers and set up multiple sites, and you only need 1 actual stand. All you do is decide which set you are gonna hunt,carry your stand out with you and slip it in. I have 8 stand sites set up and will have more next season. Brackets cost about $21, so not too bad.

That said, if you hunt like HCH, the LW is probably a better fit, and certainly a great stand too. Its a tad more adaptable due to the platform leveler, so you can set up on just about any tree. You need a straight section of tree for the Millenium to set up correctly so the platform is level (like most hangons)...which usually isn't hard to find.

I think even HCH will vouch for the Millenium, as I know he has one too...just doesn't fit his style as much as it does mine (and maybe yours).
When setting the stand into the bracket is there much noise involved?

Also, do you use an extra ratchet strap or 2 for added security, or how exactly does it hold into the bracket? I have alwayspreferred to replace the straps with most of my stands or climbing sticksand used ratchets instead to really get them down tight.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Absolutely NO noise at all...takes about 5 seconds to set it up. And no, you don't need anything else....the bracket is a female and the stand is a male....you can figure out the rest I'm sure

The bracket is on a chain, and supports the stand completely, and its rock solid.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

I have a millenium that I bought two years ago.It's stable,extremely comfortable and easy to hang.Mine has a slotted platform and my only complaint is that rubber boots squeak on it like crazy when it's wet.I see the new ones have a mesh platform and that may fix the problem.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you decide to spend a little more, I'd go with the Millenium. Otherwise, stick with the Gorilla. Mine is still one of my favorites out of 5 other lock-ons and 2 climbers (Summit included).

Quick Reply: Buy my next stand...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.