Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Antler envy and hunter hate. >

Antler envy and hunter hate.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Antler envy and hunter hate.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Antler envy and hunter hate.

What is this smoke and mirrors? Who is jealous anyway?Who has accused whom of poaching? What's all this talk about?
Old 12-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Think back to your last kill. Do you recall the rush? Did you jump up and down? did you do a fist pump thingy? Did you throw your arms up in the air? Did you let out a yell? Did you simply get a warm glow?
What was the very next thing you did? I'll bet most of you thought" I gotta call my buddies and tell them". Alot of guys even text right from the spot of the kill.
Why? We want to share our excitement with our buddies.
I think we need to get back to sharing our excitement with our buddies. Remember how you felt when it was your turn. Remember that everyone else feels this way and share that excitement with them. Some say "I wish I could bottle that feeling" You can't, but you can share it!
Old 12-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

Think back to your last kill. Do you recall the rush? Did you jump up and down? did you do a fist pump thingy? Did you throw your arms up in the air? Did you let out a yell? Did you simply get a warm glow?
What was the very next thing you did? I'll bet most of you thought" I gotta call my buddies and tell them". Allot of guys even text right from the spot of the kill.
I think we need to get back to sharing our excitement with our buddies. Remember how you felt when it was your turn. Remember that everyone else feels this way and share that excitement with them. Some say "I wish I could bottle that feeling" You can't, but you can share it!
Good stuff!!! You did this yourself on your last buck. I plan on doing the same If I'm lucky enough myself. That excitement will always be there for me!!
Old 12-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

What was the very next thing you did? I'll bet most of you thought" I gotta call my buddies and tell them". Alot of guys even text right from the spot of the kill.
Awesome post magicman!!!!! Now, if you couldonly get the one in question to feel the same way......[&o]
Old 12-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who's the one in question? I lost my secret HNI code breaker, someone help me out.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd like to hear this one also.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I will be the first to admit I am jealous as heck at some of the bucks I see on here and wish I could get access to property to held such beasts.
I'm not singling you out, BRY....as I suppose this isn't your feelings, alone. I just have never felt this way.

ALL we can do is hunt the lands we have to the best of our abilities......and if we're to be "judged" on what we take....that HAS to play in. It's the ONLY thing that has any merit.

I've never seen one deer/hunter in here I was jealous of. Do I wish I could see the animals some of you guys see? Sure. But jealous.....I'm not. I have wonderful grounds.

PLEASE don't think I was singling you out. I wasn't, at all.
Jeff, I have no issues with having those feelings. I would love to have the opportunity to shoot giant bucks. Not because I feel that doing so would somehow increase my credibility as a hunter, but because I think big bucks are cool. My ego would not grow, nor would I think I had somehow become a better hunter if I shot one, or two, or ten. I would want to shoot them because they are great looking bucks.

So, while I say I'm jealous it is without malice. I think to want the best is human and to feel envy of those that have the best is also human, but when you let that envy consume you to have ill will toward someone else that is when your own personal insecurities come in.

Oh, and BTW, no worries on singling me out. Being singled out for good discussion is never a bad thing.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

Who's the one in question? I lost my secret HNI code breaker, someone help me out.
It's me... isn't it.[&o]

Old 12-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah duke. We all hate you.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

What was the very next thing you did? I'll bet most of you thought" I gotta call my buddies and tell them". Allot of guys even text right from the spot of the kill.
Good stuff!!! You did this yourself on your last buck. I plan on doing the same If I'm lucky enough myself. That excitement will always be there for me!!
You can call me first.I think it's so cool to drink it all in. I'm pulling for ya!

Quick Reply: Antler envy and hunter hate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.