Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Antler envy and hunter hate. >

Antler envy and hunter hate.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Antler envy and hunter hate.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Banned

Default RE: Antler envy and hunter hate.

I agree..gr8 post. If you don't have something nice to say don't say it. People have always been jealous of successful people..whether it be a Donald Trump guy who is successful with $$, or the pretty cheerleader that has all of the guys chasing her, or the guy with the red sportscar, or the guy killing bick bucks. Love one another and don't covet what is not yours. God gives us each our own special gift and we just need to accept our place in life.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:15 AM

I guess that's why my top ten thread was deleted....people couldn't handle giving props to others.....and I even gave everyone their chance to list theirs....[:-]
Old 12-10-2008, 10:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

I guess that's why my top ten thread was deleted....people couldn't handle giving props to others.....and I even gave everyone their chance to list theirs....[:-]
That...and someone got way out of line.

I agree, some people just can't accept the fact that others are more successful. If a guy posts pics of his big bucks, it is seen by some as arrogant? Why? He killed them didn't he? Would it be arrogant for someone to post up and be proud of a wall full of spikes and fork horns? No, the attack dogs would turn into, well good job posts. It is about the size of the antlers, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Ever heard someone talk about location with a 1.5 yo buck picture? Me neither. Green with envy as the saying goes.

I agree with Jeff that some can lighten up on the defense, but also wholeheartedly agree that there is no need for an offensive statement in the first place.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have a "problem" with anyone here, Ive openly stated that several times. I Congradulate anyone that I see harvesting an animal. I dont care if its there 20th P & Y or their first white-tail. Where I lose respect for someone, is when there attitude toward others or myselfis purely Raw. And Most people see right through it, while others know whats going on as they sit back and watch. I can tell you ONE thing for sure, If I have a issue with someone, it's not because of jealousy, it's because of there attitude.EVEN after you try to resolve those issues with that person and getspit inyour face for it.If that person so happens to be a guy with his pic beside enough white-tails to open a museum, so be it. If it happens to be a guy that just seen his first deer of the season, so be it. Antlers is a NON-issue. But it seems the one(s) who like to be a "you know what" just so happen to have a wall full.I very rarely see an arrogant,prick on a hunting boardwithout the antlers to back it up.(though it happens)And those of you that know what Im talking about, know it well. I like everyone on here. Im jealous of noone, I love the land I hunt. I wish I could purchase it to be honest. I would then invest and have 75acres of food plots.

Its like Duke said, some guys can just be a ****. But I will say I dont know enough of them here on this site to make me look down on us as a community. We all get along for the most part and have made some life long friends. How many of you grew up with your brothers and sisters and got along with them every minute of every day? Most of us talk with each other Every single day at some point. You cant expect there to be problems. How many of get along with all of your relatives? Inlaws? If you had to talk to them every single day. would you not disagree from time to time? The attacks and such should not happen, but when you have tried to resolve somehting with someone and you get nothing but a slap in the face for it.... I have 0 respect for that person.

But I cant think of one reason why I wouldnt wanna be here. I like everyone, like a second family. You guys are great,and I hope to meet alot more of you one day....

Old 12-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

jealousy because if they cant kill big deer they dont think it is possible for anyone else to do it. I know a guy in my are that kills big deer year after year i mean 2 deer 150" or bigger . He is hated, called a poacher, good for nothing on and on. I know the guy personally and think he is great. Anytime I have a question about big deer I go to him. For example just the other day I called him with a question on stand location ina certian woods and not only did he give me advice he went with me to help me hang the stand. He would do that for anyone. I have now became no good and a poacher because I stand up for him when I hear poeple talking. I have never even been hunting with the guy and now people hate me. It is just the nature of people to envy and be jealous.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

What was the name of that thread again? And didn't it do excatly what the title said it would?

If your pissing into the wind don't bitch about wet feet.[:@]
Old 12-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

I very rarely see an arrogant,prick on a hunting boardwithout the antlers to back it up
When did Dopler post antler pics?
Old 12-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Though, Im not fimiliar with Dopler.... Read inside the ()
Old 12-10-2008, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

the only time that i will call anybody a poacher is when i know for a fact that they are. i will congratulate anybody on this forum for whatever they kill and take it at face value. where im from tho its a fact that everybody poaches. spotlighting, running dogs, road hunting, hell they start killin deer the 4th of july. and they will tell you that. i find it hard to congratulate those people.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

How'd I get dragged into this? Icertainty hope this has nothing to do with mejoking aboutthe guy posting pictures of himself on a daily basisyesterday as I'm not jealous of this the guy, in fact, I'll say right now that he is obviously a verygood hunter and even if he does have a great spot (as others have suggested, not me), they are still hard to kill with a bow and it takes skill. I just think the guyself promotes himself excessivelyandhe talks down to peopleand it getsold after a while so I called him on it. I don't post pictures of prior kills, sorry, I think it's bragging and the thought of it makes me uncomfortable. I would post a current picture if I got one say this weekend but I'd post it once and never again.[/align][/align]Gene Wensel once saidthat you're only as good as the land you're on and that's true but a good hunter will do his homework and find good land or make his currentland better. Then there is the other half who have bad land and complain about it butcontinue to shoot little bucks "before the neighbor shoots them" and this type of simpleton logic makes things worse on an exponential basis. Guys likethat have tostop complaining and justsleep in the bedthey havemade for themselves or wake up and smell the coffee.[/align][/align][/align][/align]

Quick Reply: Antler envy and hunter hate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.