Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's your weakness? >

What's your weakness?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's your weakness?

Old 12-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What's your weakness?

Second guessing my self on stand placement and getting in hurry, that I forget something important, then getting up set about it.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:30 PM

Probably shot selection. I shot for so many years with a rifle from the ground that I "default" back to that at crunch time. A rifle is very instinctive to me and I shoot to break an animal down, which is opposite of how you should aim a bow. Or sometimes if I am consious ofwhat I am doingthen I overcompensate the other way. Feast or famine for me it seems.

I should also practice more than I do but it seems life is just so busy with kids of three radically different ages I just don't do it as much as I should.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

I always second guess myself. Should i sit here tonight or there. Another problem i have, well its not really a problem most of the time but it can be. Is im a perfectionist. If my stand isnt in the absolute perfect spot I will change it fast, and sometimes it bites me. Ill move a stand 80 yards from the previous spot only to have buck walk under my orginal tree, however sometimes its worked out for me and I move in the right direction.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

My weakness is getting up in the morning, and I also have a hard time keeping warm when it is cold.....I guess it is just the way I am, but it is EXTREMELY hard for me to stay warm, no matter what I am wearing

Old 12-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

my weakness...my job...especially when the time changes, I get off at 4:30 give me a half hour to get dressed and to my location(I started wearing my base layers to work) so its 5:00 by the time I get to my stand which gives me an hour to hunt at the most. Sure it paid off this year and I put one down but I still would prefer to be in the stand longer.

Lets say I do get to do a long sit, my greatest weakness would be losing focus, long sits with no action wear on me and I find myself thinking about climbing down and dinner waiting for me, etc etc.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: daveyrock

my weakness...my job...especially when the time changes, I get off at 4:30 give me a half hour to get dressed and to my location(I started wearing my base layers to work) so its 5:00 by the time I get to my stand which gives me an hour to hunt at the most. Sure it paid off this year and I put one down but I still would prefer to be in the stand longer.
Yeah thats another one of my weaknesss too.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-10-2008, 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Second guessing myself or listening to others that have less knowledge.
I do way to much of this. I also have nerve deafness in both ears that prevents me from hearing high pitched noises like leaves crunching, birds singing, etc. This makes it harder for me to keep my head still asI want to turn my head a lot. I have tried the game ears but they dont work so well when you have a face mask over your ears. [&:]

Old 12-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Something I worked on this year was staying still on stand. I fidget and think it costs me without me knowing it. The other thing I'm working on is being quiet getting in and out of the stand. I hunt from a climber a lot so setting up requires some noise, but I want to minimize it as much as possible.

Another weakness is farting on stand, seriously. I have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) so for me not farting is not an option. It's hard to shoot a bow when you're doubled over with cramps. So, playing the wind is EXTREMELY important.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not having enough stands ready for this year. (only had 2, and a blind).. That will be changed for next year. I'm actually looking forward to the off season becausethere's A LOT of work/scouting to be done for next year

Quick Reply: What's your weakness?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.