Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 anybody else feel this way? >

anybody else feel this way?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anybody else feel this way?

Old 12-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Banned

Default RE: anybody else feel this way?

4 guys block and 20 guys walk..the 4 shoot what ever runs out..yep..I am from IA...to each his own...shootin not huntin to me but the DNR depends on this for herd management
Old 12-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

here we go again ...

Hey Tony, Hows your son doing? Andrew, right?

Old 12-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

I agree except for the negative inferences on rifle hunting. My buck I shot at 8-12 yards this year with the bow had no clue I was there, and he wouldn't of cared if I had a rock, rifle, bow, or grenade...I shot him when he thought he was alone.

I bowhunt only for the same reason as alot of you guys, but just don't get alot of the negativity. Oh well, won't really effect me.

Tell your buddy congrats for me.

if the post came across as negative i didn't mean it to be. the guy is absolutely a great guy, just to hang around with and to hunt with and everything. i congratulated him when i heard. i have shot deer with a gun at 5 yards, and i've shot deer with a bow at 5 yards. in fact i'll be taking the muzzleloader out for a deer in a few weeks.
i think davidmil hit it on the head though.. i enjoy hunting with a gun, but its bowhunting i'm passionate about. maybe it's because the playing field is so much more even.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:17 PM

I know exactly what you are feeling bowhuntn87. My friend and I got a buddy into bow hunting and he killed a 160 inch monster his 5th time out with his bow. My friend and I helped him out with everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. We even built a ground blind for him and what do you know, a monster buck stepped out and stopped for him at 20 yrds. Unbelievable. He is on his own this year
Old 12-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

4 guys block and 20 guys walk..the 4 shoot what ever runs out..yep..I am from IA...to each his own...shootin not huntin to me but the DNR depends on this for herd management
Thats thepart of gun hunting I live for.[8D]
Old 12-10-2008, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

To me, I am happier taking a smaller buck with a bow rather than a larger buck with a rifle.This may sound crazy but it just goes to showhow much archery means to me and how much I love to do it.Be proud of what you doin archery seasonand congratulate those lucky enough tokill a deer in rifle season.