Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anybody shoot the new Limbsaver bow this season? >

Anybody shoot the new Limbsaver bow this season?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody shoot the new Limbsaver bow this season?

Old 12-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anybody shoot the new Limbsaver bow this season?

Quiet as all get out, and from the 2 they sold from a local shop the guys were happy. I, personally, hated the grip and feel of the bow with a passion.[:'(]
Old 12-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

So far we've established the bow is..

ugly
quiet
and nobody shoots it except a bud of Va.. WKPTodd.. and some dude on an Alaskan island.

Well that's not good.[&o]
Old 12-09-2008, 06:18 PM

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

So far we've established the bow is..

ugly
quiet
and nobody shoots it except a bud of Va.. WKPTodd.. and some dude on an Alaskan island.

Well that's not good.[&o]
LOL.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

people are afraid to try something new. i did shoot it but i didn't have the money to get it fro this season but i do plan on puchasing one hopefully very soon.

if i remeber right one of my buddies bought on this year i'll try to get ahold of him and see.

my overall initial impression was that if i would have had the money i would have shot it this year. loved the cycle but this is just my opinion.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot one of the first ones that came out. Cool little bow. It was a bit heavy, not as quiet as the center pivot bows, and reasonably quick but no barn burner. I thought it was a cool bow design, but honestly couldn't see any single advantage they had over any other bow on the market. No compelling reason to shoot it or purchase one. I don't know much about how long they last or quality of materials, but the fit and finish on the one I saw was OK.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had the same thoughts as Rick James... walked around with the head of our R&D dept. at the ATA this past year and shot every company's new offerings, including this one. Shot felt real nice, fairly quick... not much recoil. Actually seemed like a nice bow. Tad on the heavy side, but not too much.

HATED the grip... it was like they made an exact copy of the Mathews grip, which is admittedly -- even by Mathews' most rabid fans -- the absolute WORST feature on their bows. Left me wondering... Why would you copy someone's ABSOLUTE WORST feature? Copy ANYTHING from Mathews, and you're gonna come out OK... but their grip?
Old 12-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

They got one at the local pro-shop. I think he took it in on trade, last year,that cant be good.[&:]

It is ugly, and I thought that Todds one review said that it was actually kinda loud?? Maybe I didnt read it right.

How did you come accross this bow anyways? Its almost mysterious.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I shot one of the first ones that came out. Cool little bow. It was a bit heavy, not as quiet as the center pivot bows, and reasonably quick but no barn burner. I thought it was a cool bow design, but honestly couldn't see any single advantage they had over any other bow on the market. No compelling reason to shoot it or purchase one. I don't know much about how long they last or quality of materials, but the fit and finish on the one I saw was OK.
X2.....Nice little bow. Quiet. The grip sucked, even more than Mathews in my mind. Seems well made but, bottom line, for the money, there is alot of other bows that would be getting the nod from me ahead of it.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

They got one at the local pro-shop. I think he took it in on trade, last year,that cant be good.[&:]

It is ugly, and I thought that Todds one review said that it was actually kinda loud?? Maybe I didnt read it right.

How did you come accross this bow anyways? Its almost mysterious.
JZ and I became it's parents after we won the Campells outdoor challenge.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wanna sell it?

Quick Reply: Anybody shoot the new Limbsaver bow this season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.