HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Who takes field notes/journals?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/277531-who-takes-field-notes-journals.html)

125py 12-08-2008 07:31 PM

Who takes field notes/journals??

If you take notes about your hunts, what do you write down?

For me I note the stand I hunted, number of bucks or does seen, ages of each deer, score for each buck if they are 2.5 or older,number of points for each buckl, was there any chasing going on, sometimes weather conditions, were the deer within range, or any other thing I feel is important to write down.

I have a record of every deer I have seen hunting since 1999.It is always fun to read back on my notes and it really helps me remember special hunts in the past. If you dont take notes I encourage you to do so...its worth it!

GMMAT 12-08-2008 07:37 PM

RE: Who takes field notes/journals??

Date; stand site; number of deer seen; # Does; # Bucks; # fawns; # in bow range; Notes on individual deer seen; Wind direction; Weather front?; General notes.

130woodman 12-08-2008 07:45 PM

I video'ed all my hunts this year and condensed it down to a journal.

marquismarc 12-08-2008 08:06 PM

I am in the process of building a log of all the deer seen on my property including date, time, location, buck or doe, incoming direction ect. as well as photos of the deer taken on the land.

125py 12-08-2008 08:08 PM

ORIGINAL: 130woodman

I video'ed all my hunts this year and condensed it down to a journal.
good idea...I bet that is cool to have

louddrummer69 12-08-2008 08:09 PM

I take notes on Weather, Moon, Wind Direction, Temperature, Methods, Date. I hope that each year I can look back and just learn from one year to the next.

RockinChair 12-08-2008 08:11 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Date; stand site; number of deer seen; # Does; # Bucks; # fawns; # in bow range; Notes on individual deer seen; Wind direction; Weather front?; General notes.
x2. I also add calls (effectiveness) weapon (since I hunt with three) companions andddddd I think that about covers it!:)

magicman54494 12-08-2008 08:25 PM

I have tried to keep daily notes. Somehow I always seem to quit doing it. Anybody that does has a leg up on the rest of us.

Rory/MO 12-08-2008 08:28 PM

I started early this season, then got lax on it within the first couple hunts. I wish I would have kept doing it though. I'm gonna force myself to next year.

davidmil 12-08-2008 08:32 PM

I just try to keep track of pill time. I really don't need to keep a journal to tell me where I want to hunt tomorrow or where I hunted yesterday. It's fine for people who have a need to do that sort of thing.... but really, I got other things to do when I'm not hunting.[8D]