Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 12-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many go unseen ?

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

I would say more good bucks go by unseen than we give them credit.
+1
Old 12-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

DT, I believe many go unseen regardless of glassing, trail cams, spotlighting,and them coming like clock work to regular feeding sites/locations. I can tell you for surein the Edmonton Bow Zone, where there is virtually no hunting pressure, there are MANY giant bucks that are never seen. And in fact, many die of old age in this region without anyone EVER laying eyes on them. Here is a pic of just two great bucks that were found dead on one of the farms that I've hunted up there. I asked my guide what he thought their causes of death were. He said old age.[&o]

Old 12-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

A LOT never get seen!
Old 12-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

personally i think it depends on 2 things. pamount of ppl in an area and topography. in an area that is fairly open anmoderatly populated i would think that not many would go unseen, but in an area of thick scrub brush or mountanous terrain i would imagine quite a few would go unseen
Old 12-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: okcaveman

topography. in an area of thick scrub brush or mountanous terrain i would imagine quite a few would go unseen
Bingo.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

I bet there are some that go unseen in less populated states suchas the dakotas
Old 12-08-2008, 06:46 PM

If the answer was truly 0, it would eliminate the reason to hit the woods for ALOT of hunters.

Also, I find it naive for someone to think they have seen every deer in their woods, and that not a single deer can go unseen. While unlikely that it would live its entire life without being seen once, to think deer don't exist because one is not seeing them on hunts, trail cams, spotlighting, what ever the method, I just find it hard to believe.

For those who answer 0, can a buck go an entire year (or even 2) without being seen in your woods by any person or camera lense?
Old 12-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm not saying "I" see them. The premise was UNSEEN.

I say 0
Old 12-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

A ton around here.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a tough question, if we were going with just dear that are over 3.5 years old for just one year of their life (say a 4.5 year old during the year that he is that age) I'd say maybe as high as 20+% go unseen....now, say what are the chances of that 4.5 year old has never been seen, then i'd say it drops to probably less than 5%

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.