Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I never see anyone on the forums talk about these >

I never see anyone on the forums talk about these

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I never see anyone on the forums talk about these

Old 09-11-2009, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MeanV2
I prefer the Cranford detachable Tree steps. Screw them in once a year and your done just clip them on and off. With extra lags you can setup several stand sites.

It works very well for me. Quick up and quiet too!

Dan
i Want a set of those things!! they are cool as heck
Old 09-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

Those single step-strap things seem like too much work while climbing. With the LW steps you get 3 steps with just throwing 1 strap around the tree.

I personally use the Summit bucksteps though. They're slightly heavier than the LW steps, however; two feet can stand on any single step which makes hanging stands much, much easier...and with two feet on the top step, while climbing, allows me to position my next step higher up the tree than if I had my feet separated by 12'' (or so my logic tells me). And this is all not to mention when the winter comes, me and my cold feet with giant PAC boots on really appreciate the larger foot platforms offered by the bucksteps.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by killzonearchery
whats band, screw ins or the lock on latters
Here in this site. Was a joke and apparently I'm not very good at telling them.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well. You can call me an outlaw call me whatever you want to, just not rachel. Anyhow, I use the screw in steps on public land. I spoke with a wco about it and he said its not that they damage the trees, because that's not the issue they're worried about. Its the people who leave them in trees after they're done hunting a spot ect. I know a lot about timber and that type of stuff and I know that one of those going through a sawmill assuming it gets past the metal detector would be catastrophic. We're talking a minimum of 10,000$ damage. So, every time I use them. They stay either till I'm done hunting there or till the seasons done. Then I remove them. Its that simple for me. Sorry I break that law but there's another one I break occasionally aswell. And its not exactly a horrific one either. It boils down to a responsibility issue.

Don't get me wrong, I know its not a good thing the right thing or something you should do but I do it. And I'll probablly end up with a fine for it but. Walk it off I guess.

Ryan.