Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anybody got the inside scoop on 09 climbers >

Anybody got the inside scoop on 09 climbers

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody got the inside scoop on 09 climbers

Old 12-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Anybody got the inside scoop on 09 climbers

Mine took a dump on my last hunt. Started to crumple on the way up and after thesit and way downwas almost in pieces. It's toast!

What's new or newer for 09?
Old 12-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anybody got the inside scoop on 09 climbers

Can You give us some details, I own 4 climbers, and for the life of me, could not see how they would "crumple" ??
Old 12-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Picture making a wish with the upper section. I think the small daimeter tree didn't help. It wasn't below recomended.

It was dark on the way up and I felt a letting down on one side. When I looked down with my head lamp the stand looked cock eye'd. I thought it was a shadow so I looked closer and it was crumpling along the right side. I limped it up the rest of the way and hunted. On the way down the first drop a crack appeared, I started to take bigger steps down. By the bottom it was all but seperated. The hunt was crap anyways and I was glad to have a reason to end it.

Reinforcement in that center section will be a must on any in the future. It wasn't a summit as they are already reinforced there. I'll be using my old summit till I get a new stand.

What will that be? Hmmm.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:12 PM

What kind of stand was it? I too like my summit stand, but my next stand will be a Lone Wolf hand climber, specifically geared towards bow hunting. The summit is better suited for all day sits, and gun hunting which I find myself doing less and less every year. I'd recommend looking into them before making a decision. www.lonewolfstands.com
Old 12-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nodog

I'll be using my old summit till I get a new stand.

What will that be? Hmmm.
If you smart it'll be a Lone Wolf!Not that you're not smart if you don't.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Picture making a wish with the upper section. I think the small daimeter tree didn't help. It wasn't below recomended.

It was dark on the way up and I felt a letting down on one side. When I looked down with my head lamp the stand looked cock eye'd. I thought it was a shadow so I looked closer and it was crumpling along the right side. I limped it up the rest of the way and hunted. On the way down the first drop a crack appeared, I started to take bigger steps down. By the bottom it was all but seperated. The hunt was crap anyways and I was glad to have a reason to end it.

Reinforcement in that center section will be a must on any in the future. It wasn't a summit as they are already reinforced there. I'll be using my old summit till I get a new stand.

What will that be? Hmmm.
I read this and can't help but think you have a death wish. The stand is showing signs of catastropic failure and you decide, "Oh what the hey, I'll hunt with it one more time"????[&:][&:]
Old 12-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

What will that be? Hmmm.
I read this and can't help but think you have a death wish. The stand is showing signs of catastropic failure and you decide, "Oh what the hey, I'll hunt with it one more time"????[&:][&:]
i was thinkin the same thing... if id seen where it was damaged i woulda been on my way down not up
Old 12-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Death wish!I was already almost there, going down was going to happen sooner or later, besides it was dark on the way up.

It was best I keep my head and stay until light. [8D]Had I not been very familar with the stand I'd of never felt the give. People who don't get to know there stands long before using them in a dark hunting condition have a death wish. I was never out of control.

Nobody's heard what's coming out?

Here's a list of what I would want.
It must carry well and pack light. No more than 18 pounds would be great.
Connect to the tree with as little noise as possible. No metal clips banging, no cables making noise when there inserted. One thing I don't like about the summits and wish the would put some kind of hush tubes inside their rails.
A seat that gets out of the way when you climb or better yet the seat is the thing you sit on to climb. No rails.
Grips the tree but doesn't dig into it so hard each pull is like pulling a nail, summits again. I ground the teeth down on mine.
Adjusts to the tree without pulling a pin.
Halfway decent camo ALL OF IT, straps included.
Fits a wide range of trees up to 26" would be good.
Reinforced in the right places.
Comfort, I don't care. Just give me a place to rest every now and then.
Belts instead of cables. I don't like having the shink tubing. It doesn't last which causes the cables to make noies and I've uncovered things that were covered before to find the structure underneath rotten. I get the feeling the cable is rusting under that plactic. Metal has to breath to dry out or it will rot.

Something that doesn't kill me getting it there and that gets me up a tree without anything knowing I did is about it. Wings would be good.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

I'll be using my old summit till I get a new stand.

What will that be? Hmmm.
If you smart it'll be a Lone Wolf!Not that you're not smart if you don't.
What is "smart" about buying a ladder stand that will run your $300+ ? I can find much better ways to spend $300...
Old 12-09-2008, 09:07 AM

Here's a list of what I would want.
It must carry well and pack light. No more than 18 pounds would be great.
Connect to the tree with as little noise as possible. No metal clips banging, no cables making noise when there inserted. One thing I don't like about the summits and wish the would put some kind of hush tubes inside their rails.
A seat that gets out of the way when you climb or better yet the seat is the thing you sit on to climb. No rails.
Grips the tree but doesn't dig into it so hard each pull is like pulling a nail, summits again. I ground the teeth down on mine.
Adjusts to the tree without pulling a pin.
Halfway decent camo ALL OF IT, straps included.
Fits a wide range of trees up to 26" would be good.
Reinforced in the right places.
Comfort, I don't care. Just give me a place to rest every now and then.
Belts instead of cables. I don't like having the shink tubing. It doesn't last which causes the cables to make noies and I've uncovered things that were covered before to find the structure underneath rotten. I get the feeling the cable is rusting under that plactic. Metal has to breath to dry out or it will rot.

Quick Reply: Anybody got the inside scoop on 09 climbers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.