Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mounting a Buck????????? >

Mounting a Buck?????????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mounting a Buck?????????

Old 12-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mounting a Buck?????????

The whole topic can be summed up with "to each his own".. Period
Old 12-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is it something?? Or do you just like to "Show Off" to your buddies?? Honest Question?????
I mount many of my whitetail. But I eat them too.. so I think its okay to mount them. The native americans mounted their animals too.

As far as showing off my trophies.. I never do.

They are in my home.. that is where they'll stay. Unless you are a friend or relative you will likely never see them.

But if you show them off.. who cares? You took a survival machine with a stick and string. Show it off if you wish.. don't worry what others might think of you.

What is this thread about anyway?
Old 12-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I told my self that I would mount the first deer I killed with my Longbow no matter what, this was my 1st year with the Longbow and killed my 1st buck with a bow and he is going on my wall busted tine and all!. I worked pretty hard for this guy! I am Proud!

Old 12-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

BHF~~ Thank ya apparently you know what I meant by the question!! Congrats on the buck again!!!

Duke~~ The question I am trying to ask is mostly for you "known" accomplished hunters. I will use you for instance, from being on here for the past couple years I look at you as one of the "accomplished hunters", it seems you tend to always put a nice buck on the ground! I am asking you, do you mount each and every one ordoes there have to be a signifigance behind the buck you shoot?? I didnt mean to be smart when I said "Showing Off", I just meant it in the terms of when is it overboard??
Old 12-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Typical Buck

why does it SEEM that you mount everything??

because me horny
Old 12-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I mount deer heads because they are cool to look at. They are a memory of a hunt. Some people pay hundreds of dollars for a painting to hangon the wall. mounts are my paintings. I think a doe mount would be cool. I will most likely have one mounted some day. I would probably mount every buck regaurdless of size if it weren't so darn expensive. I think the decision to mount is a personal thing. I have other birds and animals mounted as well. I like having my house, as Ace ventura would say, "a lovely room of death"
Old 12-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

I told my self that I would mount the first deer I killed with my Longbow no matter what, this was my 1st year with the Longbow and killed my 1st buck with a bow and he is going on my wall busted tine and all!. I worked pretty hard for this guy! I am Proud!

You should be proud! congrats on the great acomplishment. I agree he is worthy of mounting and you will never regret it. I love the picture. you look pumped.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

BHF~~ Thank ya apparently you know what I meant by the question!! Congrats on the buck again!!!

Duke~~ The question I am trying to ask is mostly for you "known" accomplished hunters. I will use you for instance, from being on here for the past couple years I look at you as one of the "accomplished hunters", it seems you tend to always put a nice buck on the ground! I am asking you, do you mount each and every one ordoes there have to be a signifigance behind the buck you shoot?? I didnt mean to be smart when I said "Showing Off", I just meant it in the terms of when is it overboard??
Please don't call me accomplished.

As for the Q. I mount all the bucks I take great pride in. The ones i really had to bust my bottom on.. do all that scouting.. the shedding.. the hanging and the guessing. So for me.. thats just about all of them. I have them from the ground.. from the stalk.. and all over Illinois.. and I worked my rear off to get them. I take pride in that.

As far as overboard. For me.. I don't think it is. If you were to walk into my home today.. you would never know I was even a hunter. Unless you were to go into my book shelves and skim over the titles or go into my "personal" room of the house.. you would never know. I let my wife do whatever she wishes.. so we have ALOT of flower paintings. She has a thing for Gerber Daisies. Whatever.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

I mount everything!
that walks...

by your treestand right?
You got it dude.
Note to self: NEVER walk by NY/Al's treestand!
Old 12-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

THe last3 bow killed bucks have gone on the wall for me, and 4 of the last 5. I don't have room to keep putting very many more up. From here on out its going to have to be pretty big or pretty unique to go up on hte wall. And yes I would still shoot ones even though they wouldn't be destined for the wall.

Quick Reply: Mounting a Buck?????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.