HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Urinating from your stand (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/277183-urinating-your-stand.html)

CutEm 12-06-2008 07:59 PM

Urinating from your stand

I'm only in my third year of deerhunting/bowhunting and am learning as I go. For the last three seasons I have always peed in a bottle from my stand in fear of deer smelling my urine on the ground and spooking. To be honest I get tired of carrying this bottle around, cleaning it out, etc.I would rather just let her rip down to the ground. I have had guys tell me that human urine doesn't bother deer at all. Is this true?

RockinChair 12-06-2008 08:03 PM

RE: Urinating from your stand

Deer are not alarmed by human urine.

Tuco 12-06-2008 08:05 PM

The only time I urinate from my stand is when bloodcrick is walking under it! I really don't think it hurts anything.

>>>BAM<<<

tim03b 12-06-2008 08:06 PM

Really? I didnt noe that. I guess a good way to find out is putout a gamecam with some corn andpee all over the corn and see what happens.:D

MOhunter46 12-06-2008 08:07 PM

From my expirences it dosen't bother them. When i shot my buck this year i had just taken a wizz and about 2 min latera doe came in and stood right underneath me where i had just took a pee. See was literally standing on my pee, didn't bother her a bit.

Wayne

Rory/MO 12-06-2008 08:09 PM

I don't have to piss when I hunt. I don't drink or eat anything till after the hunt?

wahoohunter 12-06-2008 08:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO
I don't have to piss when I hunt. I don't drink or eat anything till after the hunt?
You drink and urinate or eat and defecate simultaneously? :D

And no bud, human urine has no effect on deer. Remember, they are naturally curious creatures.

bigtim6656 12-06-2008 08:15 PM

i use a bottle in fact i spray my empty water bottle with scent killer and leave it in my stand for next time do this every time and every time i will have a bottle there.
Only stand i have pissed from was the one of the girl's who i think took my ladder and tried to push me out of th area. i pissed all over th eforst rung of her ladder and the tree. I though about taking some coyote pissup there and dumbing it on it :D

wahoohunter 12-06-2008 08:17 PM

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

i use a bottle in fact i spray my empty water bottle with scent killer and leave it in my stand for next time do this every time and every time i will have a bottle there.
wOnly stand i have pissed from was the one of the girl's ho i think took my ladder and tried to push me out of th area. i pissed all over th eforst rung of her ladder and the tree. I though about taking some coyote pissup there and dumbing it on it :D
What are you, 10?

tmontgo1 12-06-2008 08:19 PM

So what you are all saying is that deer are not afraid of human urine, so if thats true then human urine is would be an excellent cover scent:D, huh huh... lol