Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Urinating from your stand >

Urinating from your stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Urinating from your stand

Old 12-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Urinating from your stand

theres a really respectable bow hunter in my area that says that he pee's in the deer'sSCRAPE itself!!!!!!!

he says the bucks reallly tear the scrape up trying to get the "odor" out of THEIR scrape!!!

i dont know.. i've did it and had a buck check it

call me crazy
Old 12-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

i jus dont get it.. pee smells, an it smells pretty bad sometimes.. im tryin to be scent free as possiable take all the precautions i can take.....clothes, oder etc, etc then im jus gonna go an pee on the ground where im huntin... call me crazy but i jus wasted all the work an prep. i have done to be scent free....i jus throw 2 empty gatorade bottles in the pack.. not like they take up all that much room..
Old 12-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been told that after a few minutes, only the ammonia smell remains and any human scent that was in the pee is gone. I really don't know if the deer consider the smell of human urine as a threat or not. I've been caught with my pants down by deer before and they didn't even look up. Of course, I didn't get the shot with the bow at that time.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usually try to relieve myself before I get to the stand. Opening day of rifle season this year I took a thermos full of hot chocolate and I whipped it out several times. I seen two deer but they were upwind.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Me two seems i can take a leak right before i leave and when i get there and dress i got to piss again i have got to the point of pissing before i get dressed.
ORIGINAL: WIbuckchaser

I usually try to relieve myself before I get to the stand. Opening day of rifle season this year I took a thermos full of hot chocolate and I whipped it out several times. I seen two deer but they were upwind.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I piss in scrapes directly in front of my stands...and watch as deer pass by all of the time. In my area they don't seem to care at all.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

When i need to piss, I piss. I have never had a deer act spokey from urine. Urine is sterile no bacteria unless you have UTI.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

I think we can all agree that taking a pee from your stand does not spook deer. The real question I'd like to know is can a guy take a dump from his stand and not spook deer? [:-]
Old 12-08-2008, 03:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Dopler

I think we can all agree that taking a pee from your stand does not spook deer. The real question I'd like to know is can a guy take a dump from his stand and not spook deer? [:-]
tried it before it's tough, you have to rely on that safety harness way to much. Makes it hard to poop while your puckered.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:49 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Dopler

I totally disagree. No one on here knows if it spooks deer or not. All they can say is, they haven't noticed, it. I have a hunting buddy that has aasian wife, and everytime I hunt with this guy, I can smell him 3 ft away. Smells like garlic and soy sause. He swears he doesn't spook deer. But all I know is, I have killed 2 bucks, both mature bucks, coming from his direction, that I saw circle him and was looking backin his directionwhen I nailed him. But he swears its not the smell he carries.

So unless a person on here has a homing beacon on every deer in the area, they don't know if it effects them or not. I myself see it very foolish to pee around your stand. I have smelled deer piss and I have smelled human piss, and neither smell simular. A big buck might pass thru, but this time he may be a little more cautious. You might see that immature 6pt, that didn't know better, while your dream buck is going around you.

Quick Reply: Urinating from your stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.