Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Switching from quikspins to blazers. >

Switching from quikspins to blazers.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Switching from quikspins to blazers.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Switching from quikspins to blazers.

what are the benefits of the blazers
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Different strokes....

I've used blazers for a long time....but switched to QS ST's just recently. If you own a Bowtech bow.....you know what I mean RE: blazers and clearance issues.

I don't have that problem with the QS's (to the degree I did with the Blazers).

I've also always wondered if we are receiving ANY benefit from Blazers at the distances most of usshoot from (hunting situations).
Old 12-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Dominant Buck

I know what it's supposed to be (better stabilization of BH's at downrange distances). What that benefit is to "most" bowhunters......I couldn't tell ya.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also, check out Predators by Duravane.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

i switched to the QS ST's this year and love them. but i have never shot blazers either so my opinion is one sided.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:32 PM

GMMAT - whats the clearance issues with the blazers ? i shoot an 04 tomkat and just ordered a ( LH) 09 admiral ?
Old 12-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Dominant Buck

dave it "may" be totally inherent with my rest choice I've made (QAD), but I've had issues with the allegiance.....and I had an issue with the COnstitution. I had issues with the 82nd and the limbdriver (if I remember correctly).

The profile is so high on the blazers that yyou get contact issues with the cables......and/or certain rests.

Now I could totally naive about this....as it (clearance issues w/ blazers)may exist with other bow brands, too. I'm FAR from speaking negatively about my bow of choice.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:38 PM

i started shooting 2" QS ST's this year. and i could hit masterfly at 40 yards with field tips but stick my muzzy 100 grain on and i might as well have been drunkenly lobbing them by hand ? so i went to rage three blades, which coupled with my bows low kpe and my apparent wobbly knees/lack of tracking abilityi have wounded 2 unrecovered deer this year. I will be starting over from scratch next year ! bow/rest/vanes
Old 12-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

dave it "may" be totally inherent with my rest choice I've made (QAD), but I've had issues with the allegiance.....and I had an issue with the COnstitution. I had issues with the 82nd and the limbdriver (if I remember correctly).

Most of these occurances are rest issues, keep that in mind. Jeff showed us that QAD's and Limbdrivers do not work well with balzers, on the other hand, my Allegiance and Trophy Taker preform flawlessly with Blazers. Nothing to do with the bow at all. Nothing to worry about with the new bowtech Dave.

Just keep in mind what rest you are using
Old 12-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Banned

People still use Quick spins??? Just razzin ya..I went to blazers a long time ago..simply the best vane on the market IMO.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:55 PM

well i wouldnt blame the quikspins ,
sounds to me like the bow wasnt in tune,.

even most out of tune bows will throw decent groups with field tips,
but put a fixed head on and good luck.

all the rage heads did was mask your problem of an out of tune bow.
penetration also suffers with an out of tune bow .

could be why you wounded some .

but please dont blame the quikspins,
my QSwill shoot a fixed head right with field tips at 60yds.

either
ORIGINAL: Oneshot7

Most of these occurances are rest issues, keep that in mind. Jeff showed us that QAD's and Limbdrivers do not work well with balzers, on the other hand, my Allegiance and Trophy Taker preform flawlessly with Blazers. Nothing to do with the bow at all. Nothing to worry about with the new bowtech Dave.

Just keep in mind what rest you are using

Quick Reply: Switching from quikspins to blazers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.