Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtechs slower IBO's?! >

Bowtechs slower IBO's?!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtechs slower IBO's?!

Old 12-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bowtechs slower IBO's?!

Very well stated. Im bowtech for life. I cant wait to shoot the new lineup. I wish i could of already but im so darn busy.[:@]
ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

Bowtech realized what most of their customers wanted.

They took a good hard look at the reactions they got with their 2008 lineup..... the 82nd turned a lot of heads.... the X Force turned a lot of heads the year before that.... and I'm sure the Monster will turn a lot of heads this year (already has). But the one thing all these bows have in common is they are a witch to draw.... and aren't exactly super easy to shoot for your averarge archer.

I think Bowtech listened to the feedback they got. They made a lightweight, accurate, vibration free, whisper quiet bow. No mods to change... no press needed for it either. It still has ample speed to kill a tyranasaurus rex or the super large 150# whitetail deer that roam much of the SE USA. And even at average hunting ranges here in the south out to an awesome 25 yards to boot.

Seriously though... they revamped the center pivot and made some big improvements. They still have a speed bow in the 82nd... but continuously going faster isn't necessarily going to sell more bows.... in this day and age... more and more people are looking at better gas mileage and safety features (read... smoothness of draw and effeciency/stealth) as oppossed to just trying to turn an arrow into a bullet.

Bowtech (or just about any other company I'm sure) could produce a bow that would IBO at over 375.... its just that only about 5% of the entire archery market would be able to shoot it... and most of that 5% wouldn't care to. You'll sell a lot more Toyotas than McLaren F-1s.....
Old 12-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bowtechs slower IBO's?!

I was also a little disappointed in new line of Bowtechs for 2009. The sentinel is the fastest center pivot bow with a 325 IBO? And it has a 36+ ATA length? I like shorter faster bows and none of the new Bowtechs really seemed to stand out to me. Also I was disappointed that only the Sniper accomodates a 32" draw. I myself am only a 30 but my hunting partner is a 32 and Bowtech really let him down I think by looking at the Sniper's specs. He was wanting a new Bowtech this year but I think he is going with an Elite now.
I just think they could have done better. I was hoping to get rid of my General for a new one this year, but it may end up being a new Mathews...