Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtechs slower IBO's?! >

Bowtechs slower IBO's?!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtechs slower IBO's?!

Old 12-06-2008, 01:56 PM

Default Bowtechs slower IBO's?!

Aren't the newer models suppose to have equal or greater IBO's? What's the dealBowtech experts? I Like the Bowtech's, but why give up the speeds in 2009?

Old 12-06-2008, 01:59 PM

Default RE: Bowtechs slower IBO's?!

Equal to or greater than the IBO speeds Bowtech records at their factory, yes. Not equal to or greater than the IBO speeds set by other companies for their specific bows, if thats what you're thinking.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

Im not sure but I love my 08 101st
Old 12-06-2008, 02:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Equal to or greater than the IBO speeds Bowtech records at their factory, yes. Not equal to or greater than the IBO speeds set by other companies for their specific bows, if thats what you're thinking.
I mean that they should improve their own IBO speeds from their last year models. If the Guardian was putting out 329 fps., I would think they would try to improve the Captain to 329+ for 2009 if it is basically the same model.

I do like the new models with the rollers and In Velvet standard. Still thinking about the Admiral but I starting looking at Mathews today????
Old 12-06-2008, 02:14 PM

It isn't basically the same model though, thats the thing. It is a completely different animal.

While I enjoy speed bows, I don't understand the infatuation with constantly striving for more and more speed, year after year. In fact, I'm glad Bowtech didn't try and push the speed envelope this year, but rather focused more on making a more forgiving and quiet bow.

To each his own, I suppose.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:19 PM

I understand that...I'd appreciate an even quieter and smoother bow with the same speeds, but I do like higher speeds as well. The Admiral is still at the top of my "new bow" list for January but I keep my options open. I am not commited to one brand.

(...I almost feel like selling out if I got a Mathews. LOL)
Old 12-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LostInWoods

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I mean that they should improve their own IBO speeds from their last year models. If the Guardian was putting out 329 fps., I would think they would try to improve the Captain to 329+ for 2009 if it is basically the same model.

I do like the new models with the rollers and In Velvet standard. Still thinking about the Admiral but I starting looking at Mathews today????
I am a "Mathews" guy....go ahead and buy the Reezen, might want to save up for shoulder replacement later in life. That bow is extremly harsh to pull back, no valley whatsoever, and don't you dare get arm fatigue and start "creeping", because there's ZERO room for that. By far the worst bow out there IMO...by any brand.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought the two Reezen 6.5's that I shot were fine....actually great fully loaded with an S-Coil and String Tamer. Don't flinch and you'll be fine.

The two I shot were 60/28 and 65/28.5....and was very pleased with a fully loaded hunting setup compared to my SBXT.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kelleno

I will second that kelleno. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence (said playfully) would grab one of them before they are gone.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

ORIGINAL: kelleno

I will second that kelleno. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence (said playfully) would grab one of them before they are gone.
x3

Quick Reply: Bowtechs slower IBO's?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.