Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtechs slower IBO's?! >

Bowtechs slower IBO's?!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtechs slower IBO's?!

Old 12-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtechs slower IBO's?!

Bowtech realized what most of their customers wanted.

They took a good hard look at the reactions they got with their 2008 lineup..... the 82nd turned a lot of heads.... the X Force turned a lot of heads the year before that.... and I'm sure the Monster will turn a lot of heads this year (already has). But the one thing all these bows have in common is they are a witch to draw.... and aren't exactly super easy to shoot for your averarge archer.

I think Bowtech listened to the feedback they got. They made a lightweight, accurate, vibration free, whisper quiet bow. No mods to change... no press needed for it either. It still has ample speed to kill a tyranasaurus rex or the super large 150# whitetail deer that roam much of the SE USA. And even at average hunting ranges here in the south out to an awesome 25 yards to boot.

Seriously though... they revamped the center pivot and made some big improvements. They still have a speed bow in the 82nd... but continuously going faster isn't necessarily going to sell more bows.... in this day and age... more and more people are looking at better gas mileage and safety features (read... smoothness of draw and effeciency/stealth) as oppossed to just trying to turn an arrow into a bullet.

Bowtech (or just about any other company I'm sure) could produce a bow that would IBO at over 375.... its just that only about 5% of the entire archery market would be able to shoot it... and most of that 5% wouldn't care to. You'll sell a lot more Toyotas than McLaren F-1s.....
Old 12-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

They took a good hard look at the reactions they got with their 2008 lineup..... the 82nd turned a lot of heads.... the X Force turned a lot of heads the year before that.... and I'm sure the Monster will turn a lot of heads this year (already has). But the one thing all these bows have in common is they are a witch to draw.... and aren't exactly super easy to shoot for your averarge archer.

I think Bowtech listened to the feedback they got. They made a lightweight, accurate, vibration free, whisper quiet bow. No mods to change... no press needed for it either. It still has ample speed to kill a tyranasaurus rex or the super large 150# whitetail deer that roam much of the SE USA. And even at average hunting ranges here in the south out to an awesome 25 yards to boot.

Seriously though... they revamped the center pivot and made some big improvements. They still have a speed bow in the 82nd... but continuously going faster isn't necessarily going to sell more bows.... in this day and age... more and more people are looking at better gas mileage and safety features (read... smoothness of draw and effeciency/stealth) as oppossed to just trying to turn an arrow into a bullet.

Bowtech (or just about any other company I'm sure) could produce a bow that would IBO at over 375.... its just that only about 5% of the entire archery market would be able to shoot it... and most of that 5% wouldn't care to. You'll sell a lot more Toyotas than McLaren F-1s.....
Great post swampcollie, I'd say you nailed it on the head with this one.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gospel?
Old 12-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

Gospel?
Yup
Old 12-06-2008, 06:27 PM

Good posts!

I think I mislead everyone when "speed" was my only concern. I own a Guardian because quietness, handshock, and smoothness are first on my list. I was just a little dissappointed because I like shooting up to 75 yards for fun and don't want to lose too much speed because I use a 5 pin.

I only shot 2 arrows with the Reezen so I couldn't judge it completely. I plan on really evaluating them all whenI buy in January.

side note: My buddy shoots a DXT and I think so far that is better than the new stuff. It's funny how Mathews is going to the dual cam design..."SOLOcam" huh?!
Old 12-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LostInWoods

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Equal to or greater than the IBO speeds Bowtech records at their factory, yes. Not equal to or greater than the IBO speeds set by other companies for their specific bows, if thats what you're thinking.
I mean that they should improve their own IBO speeds from their last year models. If the Guardian was putting out 329 fps., I would think they would try to improve the Captain to 329+ for 2009 if it is basically the same model.

I do like the new models with the rollers and In Velvet standard. Still thinking about the Admiral but I starting looking at Mathews today????
From what I have read about the new Mathews bows for 09....even the Mathews guys don't like them.

Shane
Old 12-06-2008, 06:35 PM

[:@]Arrgh! Why doesn't Bowtech list the weight of the bow on comparison chart?!

Can anyone tell me what the Admiral and the Captian weigh?
Old 12-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only reason I didn't buy a DXT was b/c it was so short ATA that that string didn't touch my nose (too severe of an angle).
Old 12-06-2008, 06:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Pat Curtis

The only reason I didn't buy a DXT was b/c it was so short ATA that that string didn't touch my nose (too severe of an angle).
Word...not a good bow for people 6' and over I think.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

prolly so their bows dont explode[:-]

BAM!

Ryan.

Quick Reply: Bowtechs slower IBO's?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.