HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   First Yote down.. awesome Deer morning as well (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/277108-first-yote-down-awesome-deer-morning-well.html)

bloodcrick 12-06-2008 11:11 AM

First Yote down.. awesome Deer morning as well

WellI finally downed my first Yote this morning. after years of not shooting at them, and grazing one last year I got a beautiful female down this morning. I had found this spot last shed season but it is WAYback. I had not hunted it yet because i was in deer in my other spots anyway. since its late season and my other spots have tapered off i decided to give the spot a look last Wed. It was littered with fresh rubs and a couple of scrapes. So i hung a stand in a pine tree and waited for the season to come back in this morning. The walk without the quad is 20 minutesto get to the set.[&o] I left the quad at the gate and made the long walk not taking any chances of spooking deer.I have a found a flat funnel that is between the strip mine hills and the deer are using it a bunch. I had no idea what time they traveled it so i didnt know what to expect out of the new spot. It was bitter cold this morning and a blustery wind but in my favor. LucklyI was in a thick pine grove and it cut most of it. The snow started falling right after daylight, and after collecting on the ground i was able to see even farther, and believe me my Distance of sight is minimal in there. I also noticed more fresh rubs. at 7:30 Ihere a deer behind me, i get ready and out steps a spike and walks by. looking good i thought. At 9:15 i see a body where the spike had headed and it ended up being a small 1.5- 6 point, he kept looking behind him so i got ready. I started seeing a bigger body then antlers came into view. It was a nice buck, an 8 point around 105"-110" but looked to be a 2.5, and his brows were only 2" long, very unusual for the area as we usually have long brows. I watched as he passed at 15 yards and as he neared 30 yards behind me, he started acting nervous, and almost came back, then exited stage left in the pine thicket [&:]My initial thought was big buck near :)Nothing for the next minute, then an aweful comotion as three Does came flying by me from where the buck had been headed. My next thought was he must have been dogging them, Then i here steps comming toward me, get ready and now see a beautiful Yote headed under me, i draw and let it fly at 18 yards. It growled at its shoulder and took off over a hill then back in sight, then it just fell over Dead, all in about 5 seconds ;)The Rage did its job and i could see Red pumping out when it ran. I hear steps again, and another Yote walks by but i did not have a second arrow loaded yet [:@]Ten minutes later i have a confused Doe from the comotion behind me at 20 yards. That was all the action and i think i have found a new hot spot ;)The arrow entered mid trunk and exited smack in the off side shoulder breaking it as she ran [:@]A Good morning, and im pumped about it :)

One of the reasons im hunting there ;)Giant rub, scrape combo.

sr77 12-06-2008 11:15 AM

RE: First Yote down.. awesome Deer morning as well

Good job, sounds like a great morning to be in the woods!

Shane

bowmanaj 12-06-2008 11:23 AM

Thats awesome, sounds like a great morning. Congrats!

Sliverflicker 12-06-2008 11:26 AM

Congrats on the nice Yote Blood, And good luck on one of them big bucks.

lrhuntr 12-06-2008 11:31 AM

Great job, beautiful yote.

Greg / MO 12-06-2008 12:00 PM

I've been gunning for a yote for a loooong time now; can't wait to get one and get it mounted for downstairs.

That's a heckuva rub, too!! Congratulations!

WV Hunter 12-06-2008 12:00 PM

Very nice...congrats! Awesome rub too...Id bejacked seeing one like that! :D

Schultzy 12-06-2008 12:07 PM

Congratulation's Dan!! Great looking yote bud!! That's one hell of a rub you got there. I don't remember what rubs look like, hardly a one In my woods this year.

Good luck on getting that buck!!

magicman54494 12-06-2008 12:12 PM

Awesome story! nice yote!

1shotkill1993 12-06-2008 12:59 PM

Sounds and looks like a great spot. Nice Job on the yote. Good luck gettin that big one thats tearin up the area.

TEmbry 12-06-2008 01:05 PM

Awesome man....Now kill your deer so you can start planning for spring turkey[>:][8D]

I hope to kill a coyote with my bow eventually, right now I'm sticking with my ole trusty Savage .22-250 and a nice pleasant animal in distress call.:D

MOTOWNHONKEY 12-06-2008 01:08 PM

Shes a beauty Crik. You doing a full body mount? Them are some big ass gray gloves man.

TEmbry 12-06-2008 01:19 PM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Shes a beauty Crik. You doing a full body mount? Them are some big ass gray gloves man.
Those are actually catcher's mitts from his son's baseball team.

Rory/MO 12-06-2008 01:26 PM

That's awesome Dan. Congrats. That's a giant rub too! I wish we had snow[&o]

NY/Al 12-06-2008 01:30 PM

Awesome yote, love the colors!

piney 12-06-2008 01:42 PM

Nice yote. Congrats.

GMMAT 12-06-2008 01:46 PM

Dang, Dink....that's too cool! We've got a bunch of yotes, here....but I still haven't seen one, from stand.

Congratulations!:)

Rickmur 12-06-2008 02:00 PM

Now that is a story. Big congrats on the yote. I'm glad we don't have them critters here but would love to see them n the wild.

BowHuntingFool 12-06-2008 05:04 PM

Well done! Congrats on a great coyote!

buckmaster 12-06-2008 05:38 PM

Thats awesome! Congrats on the Yote, Id love to shoot one.

OKbowhunter20 12-06-2008 05:45 PM

Cool story blood, congrats on a healthy looking yote.:D

Vabowman 12-06-2008 05:50 PM

congrats!!! great pics!!!

bloodcrick 12-06-2008 06:48 PM

Thank you very much guys :)for those asking about a mount....well its double bag'ed in the freezer right now ;)I just have to convince the better half that my game room is missing something :DWith a full turkey mount due to be finishedany time she is a little hard to convince.
Those mits are not big im telling you. :D

Tuco 12-06-2008 07:59 PM

Don't you mean you "glazed" one last year:eek: Nice going pal.

Nubby_Stalker 12-06-2008 09:43 PM

I'll lace a set of yote bagpipes anyday of the year I can...and thats a purty one too...good job laying the smack down on a fawn killer.

TFOX 12-06-2008 10:23 PM

Congrats Dan,way to go.

hardcorehunter 12-06-2008 10:41 PM

Way to go Dan the man!!! Huge congrats to ya. I want a yote. I have never had a chance to shoot one..2 foxes taken with my bow..but no yote..maybe your luck of getting your 1st will rub off on me. Very cool..i m happy for ya. Nice Bowtech..what is the model..Guardian?

bloodcrick 12-06-2008 11:14 PM

May it rub off on ya :DI hope to be seeing you in some pics soon ;)yes that is a 2007 Guardian. I love that bow!!! It fits me better than anything i have ever owned and i cant say enough about the performance :)Thanks guys!!!

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Way to go Dan the man!!! Huge congrats to ya. I want a yote. I have never had a chance to shoot one..2 foxes taken with my bow..but no yote..maybe your luck of getting your 1st will rub off on me. Very cool..i m happy for ya. Nice Bowtech..what is the model..Guardian?

TJF 12-06-2008 11:28 PM

Congrats on the yote!! :) Rookie mistake of not getting an arrow on right after the shot. Shame, shame !! I thought Tuco taught you better !! [8D] :D Congrats again.

Tim

bloodcrick 12-06-2008 11:34 PM

:DAgreed,,, I was to Dang excited and folded :DTuco, is slipping [8D]

ORIGINAL: TJF

Congrats on the yote!! :) Rookie mistake of not getting an arrow on right after the shot. Shame, shame !! I thought Tuco taught you better !! [8D] :D Congrats again.

Tim

Tuco 12-06-2008 11:58 PM

You can only mold a lump of clay so much!!

>>>BAM<<<

ORIGINAL: TJF

Tim

mohunter82 12-07-2008 12:03 AM

nice job on the yote and good luck

hardcorehunter 12-07-2008 08:25 AM

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

May it rub off on ya :DI hope to be seeing you in some pics soon ;)yes that is a 2007 Guardian. I love that bow!!! It fits me better than anything i have ever owned and i cant say enough about the performance :)Thanks guys!!!

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

My thought exactly on my 2007 Guardian..what a bow. Finally satisfied with a bow and no desire to upgrade...can't be done. Perfection.:D

I am getting ready for church and am going out this afternoon and going to try to shoot a doe for the food pantry for the hunters feeding the hungry program. Lots of hungry people and I think it will be a good gift for people that want some good food. Buck sightings have slowed way down..but I know where some does have been feeding everynight. Congrats again on the yote with a bow.. a real trophy.

jim1966 12-07-2008 01:11 PM

Nice yote Dink. Congrats.

PreacherTony 12-07-2008 03:27 PM

Congrats Dano!!!! Something I hope to do one day!!!! I LOVE the color!:)

dukemichaels 12-07-2008 04:17 PM

Congrats on the mouse killer BC.

A banana for you.

crazedbowhunter 12-07-2008 06:54 PM

congrats Dan! Good job on the yote

wis_rifle_hunter 12-07-2008 08:27 PM

nice coyote. congrats

BowHuntingFool 12-08-2008 05:26 PM

Blood, here a some pics of my Blonde full body mount. Turned out great! When I get the next one with my Longbow or a rare one with the .204 I going to go with an open mouth sneak/prowl pose!

BowHuntingFool 12-08-2008 05:29 PM

Pic from the shop when he was done!