Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm sick right now. >

I'm sick right now.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm sick right now.

Old 12-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I'm sick right now.

Soundslike sour grapes and what does gun season have to do with you being bummed that your neighbor kill a nice deer?

Were you gun hunting?
Old 12-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mondoman86

Listen guys I did congratulate Him. I was just bummed that We have been hunting that deer and that deer alone pretty much all season. This guy shoots it from His back deck. Without really even hunting. His house is in the middle of a field on the back side of our property, and He can see a long ways all around His house. So He just waits on His back deck for deer that were jumped to come across the field and then shoots them. I didn't say it was My deer either. You guys put alot of words in peoples mouths. I was just bummed.
Your post starting outsaying how you hate gun season...wish they would get rid of it...neighbors kill everything..etc

I do sympathize though in the way the guy got the buck...kinda lame
Old 12-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

Well yea I don't like gun season, and I won't lie about that. MOST of the surrounding hunters shoot anything and everything that moves. Which really aggravates Me. We won't shoot anything under 130", and won't kill any button bucks. If everyone did that people would be killing bigger bucks every year. I hate it when You go over to see how the neighbor did that day, and they have 3 or 4 yearling button bucks, andlittle year anda halfold bucks. Then You recognize some of the deer You've been passing.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Dominant Buck

Crazy me, but I thougth the state owned the deer.

Heck, I need to go get into my neighbor for shooting a nice 12 point with his rifle, thatI couldnt quite get on two weeks ago.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

I totally agree with the post above!! i also hate gun season... I am a bow hunter and work very hard to manage my deer herd and have caught 5 people on our property using the motto "if its brown its down"

sorry to hear about ur luck

Old 12-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Typical Buck

how is it not hunting? Its not traditional hunting. You go hang a stand in a funnel, ridge, draw, etc to use the terrain and surroundings to your advantage....he did the same thing, except he only had to go 20ft.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MathewsShooter30

I totally agree with the post above!! i also hate gun season... I am a bow hunter and work very hard to manage my deer herd and have caught 5 people on our property using the motto "if its brown its down"

sorry to hear about ur luck
Wouldn't that mean you hate trespassers? again what does it have to do with gun season...........would you give them a pass if they were trespassing using a bow and killing yearlings with head shots??
Old 12-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well yea I don't like gun season, and I won't lie about that. MOST of the surrounding hunters shoot anything and everything that moves. Which really aggravates Me. We won't shoot anything under 130", and won't kill any button bucks. If everyone did that people would be killing bigger bucks every year. I hate it when You go over to see how the neighbor did that day, and they have 3 or 4 yearling button bucks, andlittle year anda halfold bucks. Then You recognize some of the deer You've been passing.
Not everyone's into trophy hunting. That should be something you should be able to accept and respect. Guess not though.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Fork Horn

burniegeasily Did You not read My posts??? I didn't say I owned the deer. I like to manage the deer, and not shoot small ones. I hate that the hunters around Me shoot anything. I was also bummed that someone killed the big buck I've been after. You guys can't tell Me that You wouldn't be bummed if You were after a monster buck, and had hunted all year for it. Daylight to Dark for MONTHS. I mean for 3 or 4 days a week since the start of bow season. Then Your neighbor sits on His back porch, and shoots it running across a field without even really getting dressed in hunting clothes, and going into the woods.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

burniegeasily Did You not read My posts??? I didn't say I owned the deer. I like to manage the deer, and not shoot small ones. I hate that the hunters around Me shoot anything. I was also bummed that someone killed the big buck I've been after. You guys can't tell Me that You wouldn't be bummed if You were after a monster buck, and had hunted all year for it. Daylight to Dark for MONTHS. I mean for 3 or 4 days a week since the start of bow season. Then Your neighbor sits on His back porch, and shoots it running across a field without even really getting dressed in hunting clothes, and going into the woods.
You must not have read mine, take a look at it. And no, I wouldn't bummed out, I'd be the first to congratulate him.

Quick Reply: I'm sick right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.