Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's the highest you would rate your hunting season WITHOUT harvesting a deer >

What's the highest you would rate your hunting season WITHOUT harvesting a deer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the highest you would rate your hunting season WITHOUT harvesting a deer

Old 12-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What's the highest you would rate your hunting season WITHOUT harvesting a deer

So far for this year I went with a 4. I went with a 4 not because I'm still buck less but because my mature buck sightings have been absolutely terrible this year. I could of chosen lower then that but I did pass on one buck that was In that mid 120's range so I figured that alone was worth something, probably should've voted higher just for that sighting but my expectation's this year were suppose to be high. Other years that I'm buckless I usually still get a few good sightings of mature bucks just out of bow range and that right there Is success Itself. This year though has just been down right disappointing.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What's the highest you would rate your hunting season WITHOUT harvesting a deer

I picked 9.

I have had some great seasons with some close encounters that did not end in a kill.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Dominant Buck

I've had5 encounters with a 3.5 year or older buck. To me that's also an accomplishment.
That is a GREAT outlook
Old 12-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

So far for this year I went with a 4. I went with a 4 not because I'm still buck less but because my mature buck sightings have been absolutely terrible this year. I could of chosen lower then that but I did pass on one buck that was In that mid 120's range so I figured that alone was worth something, probably should've voted higher just for that sighting but my expectation's this year were suppose to be high. Other years that I'm buckless I usually still get a few good sightings of mature bucks just out of bow range and that right there Is success Itself. This year though has just been down right disappointing.
I've had a tough year as well. I'm wondering if we get together and cry in each others' whiskey if that would help
Add to it that your bear season wasn't the greatest and that sucks too. It sounds like you had a good sit the other night though. Maybe it stillwill happen.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went with a 4 not because I'm still buck less but because my mature buck sightings have been absolutely terrible this year.
I'm still buck-less also("buck-less"...is thata new word?), but I'd definitely give this season a 10++. I've had a fantastic time, had multiple encounters with mature deer -a couple of very close calls. Plus, it helps that I have six deer in the freezer and I still have until the end of February to hunt.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

I've had a tough year as well. I'm wondering if we get together and cry in each others' whiskey if that would help
Add to it that your bear season wasn't the greatest and that sucks too. It sounds like you had a good sit the other night though. Maybe it stillwill happen.
I'll buy Todd!!

Last night was good, saw 10 or so deer (doe's and fawns and one little buck). I need to see antlers though, good ones at that. Deer sightings haven't been the problem this year. I'm just not seeing the particular deer that I want to see. Like I told you last night, that's hunting for ya.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

I went with a 4 not because I'm still buck less but because my mature buck sightings have been absolutely terrible this year.
I'm still buck-less also("buck-less"...is thata new word?), but I'd definitely give this season a 10++. I've had a fantastic time, had multiple encounters with mature deer -a couple of very close calls. Plus, it helps that I have six deer in the freezer and I still have until the end of February to hunt.
Lol!! Not sure If It's a word or not Chief. Congratulation's on a great year!!
Old 12-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Dominant Buck

I almost forgot....

I got to hunt with FOUR(so far) fellow HNI'ers this year, here! I put two (this season) of them on NC deer they took and one of them took one last year hunting here with me. Success!

That would weigh heavily on my determination, also (wereI to have gone without taking a deer).
Old 12-05-2008, 12:56 PM

I voted 8

This has probably been my best seasonyet, but my limited time in the woods was the only thing keeping it from a 9.

Plus, I still have6 weeks and3 tags to fill
Old 12-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had the time of my life and probably the best season while bowhunting. Then I killed my 1st buck and 1st Longbow kill!

Quick Reply: What's the highest you would rate your hunting season WITHOUT harvesting a deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.