Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting without blind/stand?? >

Hunting without blind/stand??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting without blind/stand??

Old 12-05-2008, 09:08 AM

Default Hunting without blind/stand??

My boss just yesterday gave me permission to hunt on his land. However I am in Springfield Mo and all of my stuff is in St.Louis, out it the woods connected to trees. I have everything else here to to shooting and such and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to go about hunting without either a stand or a blind.....
Old 12-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting without blind/stand??

Make a natural blind? Still hunt?
Old 12-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Banned

Small chair like a blind chair will work just fine. Sit against a tree to break up your outline. Use the wind in your favor..get a bowholder if you can though that sticks in the ground so your bow is on ready with an arrow nocked and your hands are free until you need to shoot.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:18 AM

I was thinking about going to BP here and buying one of those dove hunting buckets with the rotating seat. Putting that pu against a tree and hanging out. I think that would be a lot quieter than a chair.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

They did kill deer before stands and blinds. I love hunting natural blinds and still hunting. It's the coolest thing there is being on their level. That being said, I do 95% of my hunting from a stand lol [8D]. Still pretty neat doing it from the ground though.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:21 AM

Well I havent gotten one from a stand or blind yet either....so it's not like it is affecting my odds much.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Dominant Buck

I took an 8 point last week in a ground blind i made that morning out of tumble weeds and brush laying around. I do it all the time. Especially when the wind doenst want to play right for my set up.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Typical Buck

I have one of those little stools from cabelas that is for my blindthat I carry and sit in it whenI find a spot I like whenI hunt off the ground. They are cheap (20 bucks) and I keep it in my truck.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've killed2 deer off the ground this year. Play the wind, break up your outline and sit still. I usually try to find a big oak and stay on the backside of it. Good luck.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:29 AM

Thanks guys. I think I know just the spot.

Quick Reply: Hunting without blind/stand??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.