Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is it really that much better?? >

Is it really that much better??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is it really that much better??

Old 12-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is it really that much better??

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

In the midwest you have a predominant wind that varries very little combined with a mostly flat landscape broken by fields and woodlots.
True to a degree, unless you hunt the big river bottoms where the wind can and will switch back and forth in seconds.
The wind where I hunt can and will changeat least 8-10 times in an hour. "Hunting the wind" is a joke in the mountains. The deer do and will come at you from every and all angles.........[:@]

Old 12-05-2008, 01:46 PM

ain't that the truth GUS!!! I wi be heading to the mts next thurs for a 2 day hunt...I beieve this is my ast chance at a good buck before the season is done..
Old 12-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

ain't that the truth GUS!!! I wi be heading to the mts next thurs for a 2 day hunt...I beieve this is my ast chance at a good buck before the season is done..
Good luck. It's gonna be tough this time of year!....
Old 12-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I say none of you have a clue what hunting pressure is.The 400 hundred acres I hunt has already had 30 deer taken off it this year and there was 27 taken off it last year.THAT IS PRESSURE.

AND I still see P&Y deer from time to time.

BUT,I have to use the hunters to hunt the deer.I just don't get many shot oportunities.That is what made the 3 1/2 year old(I think) I shot this year really a big deal.(for me anyways)

The deer I hunt move during the day but they keep it in deep cover.Then later in the year,they become very hard to hunt because they bed next to the food,which is in the fields(they enter at night)This makes it really tough to get in on them.
The 750 acre tract I hunt across the road from the house hasn't had 30 deer killed off it in the last 10 years because they're not there in such numbers. Doesn't sound like the "Pressure" is running them off does it.

They are not running off but they look like they are on acid when they come walking through the woods.

They aren't running off because alot of the surrounding land is the same way.