Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Changing BH's for next year >

Changing BH's for next year

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Changing BH's for next year

Old 12-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Changing BH's for next year

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

I've used Grim Reapers with excellent results, same with Muzzy 100gr 3 blades. I'm swithcing it up next season, not sure what I'll be shooting, but it won't be these.

It seems to me like you are not seeing the forest for the trees.
You list two ,that worked very well yet you seek another change?
Great point here. However, I know all of us hunter's do this, find something that works great, but then change. I guess it is all about that greener grass on the other side of the fence.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

If you ask my opinion, the Grim Reapers won't ever let you down. I've used them for 3 seasons and see no reason to change. Come back home!
Old 12-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I said in the last post that I might stick with the GR's jim. If I stay w/ a mechanical, it will be the GR's. If I go back to a fixed head, I'm going to look around some.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Look at Thunderheads and your search will be over.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:55 PM
Typical Buck

While I like the HellRazors....I just dont think I like the idea of sharpening a broadhead..........in theory. The only reason being is gradually, while MINUTE, losing weight and possible inconsistancies with less used broadheads that require less sharpening. I doubt it would make that much difference, and Id probably get the good out of them and need new ones by the time I sharpened enough to notice differences in results.......but all things equal, guess the inconsistancies couldnt be as bad as fletching glue.

That being said, Ill probably have Hell Razors in my quiver next year. That or Razor Caps
Old 12-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

G5 Striker
They are Scary sharp out of the package, easy blade changing, and fly like darts. Ive killed two with it, both went under 30 yards.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

Unfortunately the Grim Reapers did let me down this year. (deflection,little entrance wound w/no blood, all 3 heads I usedgot bent or broken) So I tried the Trophy Ridge Undertakers (nowcalled Meatseekers). 3 shots, all pass throughs even @ 40 yards. Big nasty entry and exit wounds, HUGE blood trails, no damage to the head, looks brand new.I could not have been more impressed. So for now I have to say I have found a head that Im exited about using some more. Fare thee well GrimReaper, I hardly knew yee.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TreednNC

While I like the HellRazors....I just dont think I like the idea of sharpening a broadhead..........in theory. The only reason being is gradually, while MINUTE, losing weight and possible inconsistancies with less used broadheads that require less sharpening. I doubt it would make that much difference, and Id probably get the good out of them and need new ones by the time I sharpened enough to notice differences in results.......but all things equal, guess the inconsistancies couldnt be as bad as fletching glue.

That being said, Ill probably have Hell Razors in my quiver next year. That or Razor Caps
I bought a pack of Hellrazors to play around with and see how I like them. They are in my longbow quiver now along with some Snuffers. The Hellrazors are scary sharp out of the package. The sharpest I have ever seen. Even after repeated shots into a Morrell's BH target they were VERY sharp. I may very well be using them from the Marquis and the longbow next year. They fly great out of both bows.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jim, I'll be honest here. I've never used Thunderheads, nor have the guys I hunt with. What makes you prefer it over Muzzy or any other fixed head? Maybe its a regional thing, but they don't seem to that popular here.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck

my dad had the 100 grain version with the 2inch diameter, shot a nice 8 point at 30 yards, right thru the heart he no bone, but didnt get close to a pass thru, it worked, but he's changing for next year..

Quick Reply: Changing BH's for next year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.