Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The New Stand

Old 12-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The New Stand

Between hunting and looking for work, my 70 year old neighbor told me if I built an enclosed stand, he'd buy all the materials. So, I did it. In the spring, we'll put siding and shingles on it, but for now it's done. The picture doesn't show it, but there's a door on it and the shooting window closes down. It also has two seats and a heater in it. I fired up the heater and got out to finish nailing the walls on and when I returned inside again, it was about 70 in there. It's big enough to seat two comfortably. It's 7' tall at it's lowest spot and 5' wide inside. Big enough to bow hunt or gun hunt out of.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The New Stand

Here's a picture of the view out the window...

The trees on the far side of the creek is 30 yards and there is a crossing right in front of the stand. On the right is a corn field.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Typical Buck

Mark - looks like you got it buttoned up just in time! - you guys going to use it this weekend, or wait for late smole pole?

Still have my ear to the ground - and have ran the flag up several poles - just not heard anything yet!

Mike
Old 12-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll use it during early shotgun and late muzzle. Today while I was hanging the door had 5 does and a buck walk by on the other side of the creek. They're not intimidated by it at all.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, and it cost $230 to build.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats neat looking AF....I wish you great success. Man I wish I had my own property to do things like that!
Old 12-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

Just an FYI: You used OSB which is not water resistant, it has one side waxed that will burn off in one summer.Best thing to do will be to prime and paint it after one year before the material loses structural integrity-- caulk the top edges tooas that's the weak spot. Plywoodcosts afew bucks more a sheet but it holds up much better. Looks great though.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

As soon as it warms up, we have felt and siding to go on it. The roof will be felt and 25 year shingles. I think she'll hold up. It's not Fletch920 mansion, but in my neck of the woods, she's pretty darn sweet!
Old 12-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Nice, it will last years then. Nice job!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Thats neat looking AF....I wish you great success. Man I wish I had my own property to do things like that!
There's a place with 15 acres here for sale with a 4 bedroom house on it and two ponds and you wouldn't have to lease again. That's right for $127K you too could be an Iowegian!

Quick Reply: The New Stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.